Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Warped/damaged roof truss?

Page 1 of 1
Hi All! A bit of a novice here and poked my head inside a roof at an open for inspection.

I'm a little concerned by what looks like a leaning truss member and crack in another.

Any thoughts or comments very much welcome!!!

This is not a truss roof but has been built on site from hardwood. Photos don’t show much. Problems here shouldn’t worry you as much as under the house or where you can’t see. The 2 things I see is you have no sarking but the upside is the ceiling is insulated.
Filipr
Hi All! A bit of a novice here and poked my head inside a roof at an open for inspection.

I'm a little concerned by what looks like a leaning truss member and crack in another.

Any thoughts or comments very much welcome!!!

It's hard to comment as the photos area bit dark ( you might need a new 15 - just got one and wow
)

Jokes aside, I can see one member that is cracked. I would find a local framing carpenter and get them come and take a look and if they find any issues it is super simple and not expensive to add some new timber.

All the best

Simeon
Related
10/05/2024
Damaged/repaired PVC pipe under concrete slab

General Discussion

The coupling, which is made from flexible PVC, needs to comply with AS/NZS 4327 which specifies the requirements for metal banded flexible couplings used in low-pressure…

2/06/2024
Rain damaged concrete causing dusting

Paving & Concreting

Thanks, we are headed in the direction of grinding, but unsure of what to do on top of that?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum