Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

Had a quick question regarding interim occupational certificate.

We got a hand over date and we moved into the new house assuming we had atleast the interim occupation certificate.

Its been 3 weeks and when I asked the builder for the interim occupation certificate, the builder has stated, if they get Interim, the full OC certifier will charge extra"

Can someone please break this down for us?

Is the builder trying to get full OC only?
Are we legally able to live in the house until full OC or were we supposed to get interim OC until the full OC?

Sorry, hope I am making sense.

Cheers
Jstan
Hi there,

We got a hand over date and we moved into the new house assuming we had atleast the interim occupation certificate.

Its been 3 weeks and when I asked the builder for the interim occupation certificate, the builder has stated, if they get Interim, the full OC certifier will charge extra"

Are we legally able to live in the house until full OC or were we supposed to get interim OC until the full OC?

Cheers

Jstan

The certifier will charge extra to do an interim and then a full OC. What the builder has told you is correct.

The extra cost depends on your certifier, but I have been advised that the cost from our guys is around $500, so we just go for final OC and dont bother with interim. It really depends on what items are outstanding outside of the building contract in your case as to which way you go.

You shouldn't live in there until you have have either an interim or full OC.

All the best

Simeon
Ashington Homes
Jstan
Hi there,

Cheers

Jstan

The certifier will charge extra to do an interim and then a full OC. What the builder has told you is correct.

The extra cost depends on your certifier, but I have been advised that the cost from our guys is around $500, so we just go for final OC and dont bother with interim. It really depends on what items are outstanding outside of the building contract in your case as to which way you go.

You shouldn't live in there until you have have either an interim or full OC.

All the best

Simeon

Hi Simeon, @ashington Homes

Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense.

Appreciate it very much.

Have a nice day.

Cheers
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

23/03/2024
Interim occupational Certificate

General Discussion

Please read what the conditions are when receive final payment invoice.

12/06/2023
Occupancy certificate

General Discussion

We are in NSW and require 2 positive covenants to be placed on the property didnt really underdtand this but apparently it will take a few months, and have just been…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum