Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Bick tiles on cement sheet - exterior wall cladding

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Currently building, we are on a sloping block so we have from floor level to the roof in axon cladding. Below floor level to the ground I want to put brick facings / tiles (bricks sliced thin) on cement sheet. I have found a good brick product that will suit. We don't have footings to do real bricks so thought this was a good alternative. Have seen it done before and looks good.

The builder is worried that where the sheet and bricks meet the ground they will get wet and over time the adhesive will deteriorate and the bricks will fall off or just generally become in poor condition.

Looking for anyone's experience or thoughts and advice on trying to get this done or if I should look at a different cladding alternative.

Cheers
Related
13/02/2024
Fixing to inteternal fibre cement wall

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

All my inside walls are Fibre Cement & House has Steel frames... Tricky when one wants to hang pictures or do Wainscoating Paneling up the hallway. Those little nail…

10/05/2024
Cement Off

Building A New House

Thanks for that. I think the mortar has been sitting on these surfaces for approx a year. We’re at handover & they tried to get it off the rubber but have damaged it…

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum