Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Most affordable paint brand

Page 1 of 1
Hi, We are trying to cut costs as our builder went into liquidation and we don't have the funds to compete to the original specification, so looking to cut costs where we can. Yes, we have put in for HBCF insurance but will still be a good bit out of pocket, and our pockets are empty.

What is the most affordable brand of interior and exterior paint? We had Dulux but assume it is a premium brand based on marketing and advertising etc.
SydneyElle
Hi, We are trying to cut costs as our builder went into liquidation and we don't have the funds to compete to the original specification, so looking to cut costs where we can. Yes, we have put in for HBCF insurance but will still be a good bit out of pocket, and our pockets are empty.

What is the most affordable brand of interior and exterior paint? We had Dulux but assume it is a premium brand based on marketing and advertising etc.

think about it carefully. you have to look at it, clean it, live in it. for the sake of a few hundred bucks difference, is it worth it?
For us it is the difference between being able to move into the house or sell it half complete. So yes it is worth it.

For every single item of our house we have to cut back to basics. The builder took all our money and since they stopped work we have been paying rent and mortgage. Money is not endless. I would love to have choices but we don't.

Hopefully if we ever financially recover we will be able to repaint but for now it is finding a way to get it complete and move in. Whatever it takes.
Perhaps you could just buy mistints. I saw 15l of washnwear for 80 bucks. The colour looked like an off white.
Or you could do 'p155 coats' just ask a very cheap speccie builder what that is.
Thank you. That is really helpful.

Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.
Related
27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

27/05/2024
Brand new house with beyond horrible windows

Windows & Doors

Pay again? No retribution? Your glass has a specific performance get this app and see how much your windows are leaking, then challenge the supplier.

23/12/2023
How to fix gaps, nail holes, cracked wall/paint from skirtin

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi there, I just recently received my new house from my builder. We handed the house to another company to deal with the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum