Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Project builder - value for money

Page 1 of 1
we are in the planning stage and want to knock down and build a duplex. A limited budget means we can't go with custom or boutique builders but want to choose the best out of the volume builders.

My pick is as good as the representation of the sales team. Going through the forum for all duplex builders but most of the reviews are from pre covid era so can't rely on them 100%.

The current picks are Masterton and Meridian. Any other builder to consider? Are there any good or bad reviews for the two suggested builders? Aiming to get at least three quotes.

I want to build one side of the duplex with a custom design and the other would be a standard pick.
If there are any good and value for money custom builders then happy to consider them.
MeParra
we are in the planning stage and want to knock down and build a duplex. A limited budget means we can't go with custom or boutique builders but want to choose the best out of the volume builders.

My pick is as good as the representation of the sales team. Going through the forum for all duplex builders but most of the reviews are from pre covid era so can't rely on them 100%.

The current picks are Masterton and Meridian. Any other builder to consider? Are there any good or bad reviews for the two suggested builders? Aiming to get at least three quotes.

I want to build one side of the duplex with a custom design and the other would be a standard pick.
If there are any good and value for money custom builders then happy to consider them.

you either have budget for custom or you dont. Dont pick based on sales (miss)representations. Product review should be a good place to start for reviews of builders.
Thanks, I am going through it as well.
As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is worth it - don't grt to bafooned on the countless of items they may pick
Related
28/05/2024
Builder asking money outside contract

Building A New House

Yeah sorry man, thats always been my fear during this first time build.. we have literally just hit lockup as-well, so ive been praying for no issues. Our mortgage /…

29/03/2024
Project home builder with attached granny flat

Building A New House

Hi all, Been browsing project builders' website and saw Masterton with attached granny flat design Seeing bad reviews from masterton in this website/facebook, does…

23/05/2024
Project/volume builder recommendations - Sydney

Building A New House

VERY important to understand that each franchise is a independent business, so there are bad franchises out there as well as good (no different from a Bakers Delight…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum