Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Water Underneath Timber Floor

Page 1 of 1
I've recently noticed that a few of the timber floor tiles near the bathroom have started to exhibit some minor swelling. When walking on them, it seems as though there might be some water trapped beneath.

I'm wondering if anyone here has encountered a similar issue and could provide some guidance on how best to address it. Should I reach out to a professional skilled in timber repair, or a plumber, or perhaps both? It's probably worth mentioning that I live in a strata apartment.

Thank you for any advice or insights you can offer.
The most likely cause of your timber swelling (parquetry?) is either a plumbing leak or carelessly leaving water on floors after use or both. Without seeing, i am ignoring possibility of water ingress from outside. You should always get a professional opinion or you are risking ineffective and unnecessary expensive repairs
Related
15/12/2023
Hydronic in screed -> insulation underneath necessary or no?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Currently renovating, and our main lounge is 5m x 10m, with a cathedral roof peaking at 6.5m high. Currently have tiles on concrete slab. Room is very hard to heat. I am…

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum