Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Garage Driveway Coverage

Page 1 of 1
Builder is covering driveway from Garage door opening side and the Garage left side pillar (600mm) side is not covered in the plan. Also there is a bend in right side. Is this how they do the driveway?
Should the driveway cover the entire garage width including the pillar side? He is charging $2k extra to cover this left side. My garage wall is sitting on zero lot side.
Atleast the bigger driveway let the two guests car parking on driveway.
the plan is the standard way of doing a driveway. you could have checked this by going outside and looking at every other driveway
i am doing with custom builder. my neighbours driveways are covered till the pillar side. bec all the land frontage are same size narrow lots.
you asked if it was the standard way of doing it. Ivae answered that. If you want something above and beyond standard, you have to pay the builder to do that.
Sometimes the crossover (the part of your driveway on council land) has to be a limited size due to council requirements.
In our area you can do a double driveway to the road but some councils don't allow that and then you are required to build it as per your plan. The section on the left is also to allow for a garden bed. If your neighbour built a mirrored version of your house and you both concreted to the boundary line, the front of your houses would look like a parking lot. At least that gap breaks up what could otherwise be a sea of concrete.
Ultimately if you want more driveway than what's on the plan you would need to check with the council first and then pay your builder for the extra work.
chippy
Sometimes the crossover (the part of your driveway on council land) has to be a limited size due to council requirements.
In our area you can do a double driveway to the road but some councils don't allow that and then you are required to build it as per your plan. The section on the left is also to allow for a garden bed. If your neighbour built a mirrored version of your house and you both concreted to the boundary line, the front of your houses would look like a parking lot. At least that gap breaks up what could otherwise be a sea of concrete.
Ultimately if you want more driveway than what's on the plan you would need to check with the council first and then pay your builder for the extra work.

thanks Chippy. yeah its allowed to have concrete to cover that part as per blacktown council in NSW. i am in final stage of floor planning. all my initial concept diagrams had full driveway including that left pillar and without any curves in right side. but in final plan this is trimmed in left side and curved in right side
It looks like Blacktown council allows up to a 6.0m wide driveway so just ask your builder to change the plans.
If you are just in the planning stage then there is no issue but if it's outside the builders standard allowance then, yes you can expect an extra price.
Related
12/06/2023
Driveway works under a CDC

Renovation + Home Improvement

I want to build a bigger driveway (without a nature strip) than has been approved under my CDC. I’ve also had a DA approved to build a deck. It looks like I can do this…

10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

7/08/2023
Concreting a driveway

General Discussion

We've had decent weather for last 7 weeks and now the drvieway has been cut out we had an evening of 50mm of rain including all the water from half the street, ground is…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum