Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Responsibility on Builder or Customer: Conduit Issue

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Currently building a new home and hand over is next week. We discovered that the conduit located in the pathway infront of my home is damaged which means we are unable to connect to internet post hand over.

Who wears the responsibility to repair the conduit in the footpath? I suspect it is the builders responsibility. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
CP12345
Hi everyone,

Currently building a new home and hand over is next week. We discovered that the conduit located in the pathway infront of my home is damaged which means we are unable to connect to internet post hand over.

Who wears the responsibility to repair the conduit in the footpath? I suspect it is the builders responsibility. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

is the builder responsible for works outside the boundary ie footpaths etc?

This really depends on your contract and what is included and specifically excluded. We normally run an NBN conduit from just inside the boundary to a data cupboard inside the house but NBN does works outside the boundary
Ashington Homes
CP12345
Hi everyone,

Thanks

This really depends on your contract and what is included and specifically excluded. We normally run an NBN conduit from just inside the boundary to a data cupboard inside the house but NBN does works outside the boundary

The area doesn't allow for NBN and we are on a Opticon network.

Which is why the conduit on the footpath needs to be undamaged for internet to work in our home.

Is it more likely the builder is liable to fix the conduit in the footpath given its a house and land package?
CP12345
Ashington Homes
CP12345
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Which is why the conduit on the footpath needs to be undamaged for internet to work in our home.

Is it more likely the builder is liable to fix the conduit in the footpath given its a house and land package?

that is probably the responsibility of the original developer
CP12345

the conduit would need to be undamaged regardless of what network is in play. The conduit needs to be able to have fibre run through it.

NBN and Opticomm are just owners of cables and hardware much like telstra and optus own mobile towers. Broadly speaking there is no difference in how the network operates.
Related
19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum