Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Final Invoice vs OC

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay.

Some context before I ask my question.

1. My builder wont do the landscaping or concreting i.e. not even the drive-way as that was not in the contract and they don't usually do that.

2. My builder had told me that they would give me a part OC to move in, and once I do the landscaping and concreting, I would apply for final OC which I was happy about.

3. I dont like my approved landscape plan as I did that 2 years ago and its been signed off and stamped. I will soon place a 4.55 Modification for the landscape plan. But ignore this for now, I just cared for the mean time on getting a part OC and moving in.

I talked to my certifier today, and he said that they wont even issue me a part OC because the in my DA approval it says: "The following conditions of consent must be complied with prior to the issue of an Occupation Certificate by the Principal Certifier. " He is like, that means we cant even issue an OC of any sort with you doing all the items on the list because they say "an" which I found to be so ridiculous.

My fear is that CBA will say im not paying the final installment without an OC i.e. part or full. But the problem is that I have approved out of contract funds that I got approval for when I did my loan for landscaping and concreting. So its a "chicken or the egg" situation. I need landscaping and concreting to do my landscaping.

Can you someone please help me here? Am I over-reacting and that maybe CBA don't historically want an OC usually?

See attached a snippet of my DA consent, it clearly says whole or part.

Related
10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

2/04/2024
Defects/Items found after final inspection

Building A New House

The significant date is when receive final payment invoice Check that section of contract Bit of fluff by builders prior to that

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum