Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

Page 1 of 1
How long should Variations take to complete in the Pre-construction stage? We are beyond frustrated that yet again we are waiting 6+ weeks with WisdomHomes for variations needing to be completed before other steps are taken or completed and on top of that we have already received DA approval and should be ready to build!

It's extremely stressful that you get told one thing- that you are just waiting on final Construction plans to sign off on before you can start construction but then 2 weeks later you get told another thing, that you need certain variations finalised before the Construction plans can even be finalised but the department that is taking care of the variations is taking 6 weeks or more to get these variations done. Its so EXHAUSTING!!
Do variations take this long to get done? So incredibly stressful and frustrating that one thing can take up to 6 weeks or more to get done. And this is not the first time this has happened to us! We have seen other people that are building with other companies that do not experience these delays when things need to get changed or amended.

Our contract was signed in February and we are still not even at the building stage.
The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn.
Just the way it is.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

11/09/2023
New Construction variations after completing works

Building A New House

I can help you with all that, you can PM me with details if you wish

28/09/2023
If a Builder is taking deposits and not getting DBI how can

General Discussion

Thanks. I called VBA today and they said it was a Consumer Affairs issue, the old handball. Seems like the government organisations don't want to do their job at the moment.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum