Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Termite Protection

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a question about the termite protection for the house. After 4 years with the investment property, I have realised there are no points around the house where the chemical filling is done. Also I have not received any comms for the protection to be applied to continue warranty, until my residential house.

So, is this normal not to have any points and could it have been applied some other way? Or has the builder missed it completely.
Secondly, is there a way to find it in the drawing plans since I am struggling to find it.

Thanks in advance.
Firstly if your dwelling is in area not declared as termite risk then the builder may not have put in any termite protection.
It may still be in the building contract and specifications so check it out.
Termite protection may be physical or chemical.
Check your meterbox for any termite protection labels, then check your handover docs to see if termite protection certificate is there.
In any case if there is termite management system it must have annual inspections.
Do some homework.
I know mine was a 10 year guarantee - extended every year after so long as I keep/kept the checks/inspections going.

I keep an eye around the outside and inside on a regular basis.

Its not cheap - neither is the ongoing checks.
Saint Mike
I know mine was a 10 year guarantee - extended every year after so long as I keep/kept the checks/inspections going.

I keep an eye around the outside and inside on a regular basis.

Its not cheap - neither is the ongoing checks.

Yes, neither is termite damage that is not covered by your house insurance.
Related
19/02/2024
Termite and pest control

General Discussion

Fantastic. Good to know. Thank you very much

13/05/2024
Termite in Tassie oak flooring.

General Discussion

Hi all, I am seeking some perspective on my position, I have encountered termite damage, old damage and some active termites in flooring Thenkfully then dont seem to have…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum