Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Retaining wall defects - Advice needed

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I engaged a tradie to install concrete retaining wall 600-800mm high over 32 meters in Victoria. Sleepers are 200*75*2000 mm installed over 17 steel posts.

I have found the below issues with the installation, I have attached the pictures for reference.

1. Out of 17 posts, 12 posts are not level both side and front level. Im concerned that this is going to cause structural issues causing the failure of the retaining wall.
2. He was supposed to install 2000 mm sleepers all the way through as agreed during design but he has installed 1800mm sleepers in 3 different sections without my consent which obviously reduces the overall length of the wall and aesthetics.
3. Sleepers are not level where it meets the H joint posts.

I’m going to discuss these issues with him but wanted to check with experts what are my options if he doesn’t agree to these defects ? FYI I haven’t paid anything yet, I have official quotation from him.

Related
18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum