Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Looking for house plans improvement recommendations

Page 1 of 1
Good day to all the smart people in Homeone community. I am looking for recommendations to improve anything in my proposed house plans. FYI, land size is 285sqm and the house facade is south facing and backyard is north facing (sunny most of the time). Thank you in advance!

detonator1962
Good day to all the smart people in Homeone community. I am looking for recommendations to improve anything in my proposed house plans. FYI, land size is 285sqm and the house facade is south facing and backyard is north facing (sunny most of the time). Thank you in advance!

based on approximate dimensions my first suggestion would be to save floorspace by using smart toilets instead of separate bidets and a 5 bedroom house needs more flexible bathroom options so i've included separate powder rooms upstairs and down plus a family wetroom, ensuite and the separate guest bathroom, i've left out the external laundry door for more space for both underbench washer and dryer and to avoid the long walk down the narrow side passage when it will be much easier to carry washing baskets through the family room to the backyard, i've rearranged the kitchen, pantry and family living areas to make a more spacious kitchen and direct pathway from front door to family living areas and also included doors to close of hallways to help zone noise and AC

Really tight at the top of the stairs- how to get furniture into those rooms? Study books - does anyone really use them these days? Large storage closet would be more functional.
Related
10/07/2023
Need suggestions for home improvement

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Looking to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms and make it a Master BR. Please see the attached current floorplan. Need suggestions on what's the best way to do…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum