Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Understanding sparky quotes

Page 1 of 1
I'd love for anyone in the know to help me understand what's behind the quotes I get from electricians, as I'm sure there's more to it than I know....

For example, I have 3 phase power and a recently upgraded switchboard. I want to replace my gas cooktop with an induction unit, that has a total power draw of 11.1kW. There's plenty of room in my new switchboard, although it's at the front of my home and the kitchen is at the rear, so let's assume 15 metres of cable is needed, as well as an isolation switch near the stove. Access is difficult but by no means impossible. How long do you reckon it would take to do the work here? 3-4 hours?

Ignoring the removal/capping of the gas or any modifications to the benchtop, for just the electrical part...is it as simple as saying around $200 worth of parts and 4 hours at $100 an hour for a total of around $600? Am I missing something major here?
Like with any service, they don't have to compete on price. They know the market rate for a particular service and offer it for a relatively same price.

I am not a sparky but I also guess that this is not exactly as easy as it might look like.
Related
17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum