Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Cladding or House Wrap for internal frame under house?

Page 1 of 1
Any advice re whether to use Cladding or House Wrap (both with flashing) on a house internal woodern frame that has a "void area" (i.e. underneath upper story, noting house on a slop) on one side, and normal room (downstairs, gyprock) on the other side?

Background:
* House old and currently has nothing on the "void" side of wall (i.e. is just a woodern frame, but with gyprock on the side with a downstairs room).
* Aim: Protect woodern frame from "moisture" and "humity" that can exist under the house in the void area (can be humid / damp at times)

Any recommendation of type/brand of cladding or house wrap welcome. Also would plan to do flashing at bottom, so any suggestions re flashing to use use too welcome.
Related
21/05/2024
Capping used under JH Cladding in Façade

Building A New House

No. The same paint that they paint the wall with will be fine. The builder probably had every intention to paint it and not leave it black.

1/11/2023
House wall wrap

General Discussion

Vapour permeable wraps are recommended for any climate and main think it is allow walls to breath (i.e. remove water vapour) while at the same time, providing protection…

18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum