Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Filling in side of shed lean to

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys

Just wanted to see if anyone may be able to help with this.

Large shed lean to. The plan is to fill in the corner with sheeting to protect one side from weather.

8m span between the large poles. Have 5mm steel 100mm post to go halfway, 4m which I have drawn in red. And 120mm top hat to span 4m with sheeting attached.

Dynabolt post to concrete as it's 30mpa and 125mm thick.

Question is.... The top attachment.

I've just realised it's only z channel purlins. I was going to notch out the top post 50mm and bolt it but I'm looking at the channel and the fact it's a purlin makes me wonder if it'll be OK to attach to that and will it hold. I can't brace the pole back in as it'll take up space in the area I need...

Any thoughts?
Related
1/01/2024
Suggestions-side gate access to shed.

Building A New House

Hi, Building a new place and I have limited space from garage to fence. 3130mm width, then opens up over 5000mm once I pass tmy garage. I need a fence that goes from…

5/12/2023
Rainwater Tanks not filling in light rain

General Discussion

That was always going to be a challenge and a test of patience. Full marks to your mate. Did you discuss the wet area near the trampoline?

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum