Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Overlooking window

Page 1 of 1
My neighbours have just built a house next door to me, and the hall window looks directly into my side garden outside my main master bedroom. He has also put an air con on that wall, and I’ve measured 50db of noise
What can be done? Any advice would be gratefully received!

Amazing, thank you. Yes th building is less than 1.5 metres from my boundary fence. I’ll measure how far it is window to window
50db is considered to be quiet
alisonlyons
My neighbours have just built a house next door to me, and the hall window looks directly into my side garden outside my main master bedroom. He has also put an air con on that wall, and I’ve measured 50db of noise
What can be done? Any advice would be gratefully received!

50 dB is as loud as a quiet conversation, a quiet suburb, a quiet office, or a quiet refrigerator.
Basically background noise level.
My kind neighbours put the exhaust for their internal vacuum system on the wall opposite our lounge area - ie not in the garage where you often see it.

When it comes on its like a helicopter taking off - then goes for 20 minutes or so.

No idea what dBs it is.
Saint Mike
Not if you know these 2 ...
A more selfish pair I've yet to meet.

That's honestly a little selfish of them, to not disgruntle my neighbours I placed my air con unit on our back wall facing into our backyard. I'd much prefer it down the side of the house we won't access much but that would be right at their alfresco.
Related
14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum