Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Building new home - Prime and Provisional Costs

Page 1 of 1
Hey all, I'm in the process of building a home in SE Queensland and am in need of some advice.

My contract included a few prime and provisional sum items which have now been finalised. The builder has advised that they have slightly overspent on the prime cost items, and have spent 80% of the provisional sum allowance, therefore will provide a credit of the remaining 20%.

My question is, would it be prudent of me to have them provide me with invoices from their tradies/suppliers or even a breakdown of their quote to substantiate the amount? or should I trust and accept what they have quoted and move on?

My concern with the former is that it may sour the relationship, but on the flip side, it will provide me with peace of mind that I'm not overpaying on a build I have already spent a massive chunk on.

This is my first build so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Project builder? Accept and move on.
Related
13/05/2024
Builder demanding 15% variation amount as provisional Sum.

Building A New House

Sorry to hear. All the advice you are going to get on this one comes down to what your contract says and what variations are allowed and the mechanism for them. For…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

2/10/2023
Landscaping Options and Costs

Building A New House

Ha all, I am now about half way (maybe a bit more) through my build with Carlisle Homes - double-storey knockdown/rebuild project. So I am now doing my due diligence and…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum