Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Stud wall design for noise minimisation - feedback

Page 1 of 1
I'd appreciate comments from knowledgeable readers on whether this CSR product wall structure actually produces good results.
A good result to me means that a moronic neighbour playing loud low frequency "music" at 1am (which is what I endured last night) cannot be heard by me in a room 5m away from their boundary, where my room is built with walls as below.

- 92mm Rondo Quiet Stud metal studs
- one sheet of 13mm CSR Soundchek plasterboard as internal lining
- Bradford Soundscreen R2.5, 88mm glasswool insulation batt between studs
- usual building wrap product and say a 9mm thick fibre cement external cladding

Two sheets of the Soundchek plaster board would be better of course but would better results be gained by placing the second sheet (or its external rated equivalent) under the external cladding rather than an extra sheet on the internal lining?

I haven't figured out a system for the ceiling yet but any comments on that would also be appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjhrXF ... oVisionDIY

that's probably worth a watch.
Yes, already seen that.
Ideally you would need double plaster sheets with green glue in between them, also use acoustic furring channels to attach plaster to studs.
Related
2/04/2024
Feedback on Irrigation Design

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi Brainstrust, I had a go at creating my own irrigation plan, keen to get some feedback. It will be run from one 750-800W pump, off 2* 5000L rain tanks. Each zone…

23/03/2024
Strange noise in the walls

General Discussion

Nope, only on the inside, I've literally has my ears to the brick outside and can't hear anything. I can sort of 'reset' the noise by pressing firmly on the studs. This…

29/02/2024
Home Noise Reduction/Soundproofing

Renovation + Home Improvement

Upgrading your windows to soundproof ones, like triple-glazed, can make a significant difference. While changing window…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum