Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Neighbours scaffolding

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys

Im currently at the final stage of my build i have a single story house and both my neighbours are double story, one neighbour is half way through their build and they currently have scaffolding sitting in my land which is restricing me from doing any work down that side of my house(concrete, retaining wall and fencing.) And my other neighbour is just about to pour their slab but they will also need scaffolding. Whats the go here do i have to wait for them to finish their work or legally do i have the right to ask them to pull it down or at least come to an agreement because i have not been asked for permission for them to do this. My builder seems to think this stuff is alright but i believe they all are in on this because they'd all be in the same boat with building their houses.

Please if anyone has and advice on this matter would be much appreciated, im in nsw aswell by the way.

Cheers
good question, I think most people just accept it within reason. If the build drags on it would bec reasonable for the builder to pay an access fee. Don’t let them turn the neighbour against you though, just deal with the builder.
what happens when a double storey is being built with established houses on either side. surely they don't just throw scaffolding over your landscaping / house?

i would assume there is another option here.
They can bolt it to the house and use a narrow 3 plank scaff. Otherwise outriggers or feet need to stand on the other side of the fence. As long a damage is repaired and the time is short most reasonable neighbours would be happy if it is discussed and agreed
Related
18/01/2024
Scaffolding extending over my property

General Discussion

Ask for some kickplate to be added and also for tradies to be requested to use lanyards on tools on that side of the building. Be respectful and have the discussion…

3/12/2023
Neighbours rights to house access during reno

General Discussion

The only thing to add to these comments is that where possible it's always good to try and work with people than just say "no" because you can. Having someone…

13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum