Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Help with finishes

Page 1 of 1
Hi there

Any advice you can provide me on a recent build? I chose a PGH pewter metallic brick, monument for the garage/roof/windows etc and the render is surfmist. Issue is, although the brick is a silver, I feel there is too much grey and the white seems disconnected. I am concerned that if I choose a charcoal driveway it will darken it up even further. Any tips on how to balance this? My landscaper suggested I should add a stack stone feature to the tall white column.

Hope it's still possible. Maybe change the colour of cladding above garage to a mid to light grey?

Don't do stack stones. So old fashioned and doesn't go with the style of this house.

A lighter colour cladding would bring out your black window frames too.
Thanks Jason, good advice
Jason526
Don't do stack stones. So old fashioned and doesn't go with the style of this house.

you are correct, they don't go with this façade. But stacked stone is timeless. Just not the rubbish that comes in sheets.
I think the landscaper meant the more modern type linear stackstone but I agree it could clash
Catalina9
I think the landscaper meant the more modern type linear stackstone but I agree it could clash

that "linear" stuff isn't modern. Its just cheap laminated cr@p that comes in sheets.The landscaper would have suggested it because he could have gotten the apprentice to glue the sheets on and charge you a fortune for it.

this stuff comes as low as 5 bucks a square meter and is horrendous. This is the stuf fmost landscapers will gravitate to because the margins are high and the skill to install is low.

This stuff comes in individual pieces and starts at 150 bucks a square meter (installation extra). This takes time and an expereinced stone mason to install properly.

Both are stacked stone. One is horrid. The other is timeless. One will ad value to the house, the other will detract from it and anyone who has an eye for these things will immediately be able to tell you cheaped out.

Just an educational moment. If you do stone anywhere, dont get the nasty cheap stuff.
Thank you - I’m learning so much on this site
much appreciated
Related
20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum