Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Custom Build - Floor Plan REVIEW PLS

Page 1 of 1

Hello All,

Like most of the first home buyers, I'm new to this forum.

My land is located in Sydney and I have decided to go with Custom builder.

My Lot is 12.4 M width and 30 M length, Building double storey, approx 30.6 Sqs.

Attached is the plan. Please review and comment for betterment.

Common things and some upgrades:

1. 2.7 M ceiling on ground floor and first floor
2. Tile for ground floor and Hybrid wood for stairs and first floor
3. R2.5 insulation for walls and R4 for ceiling
4. showers with framed
5. Island - 40 MM Engineered stone, 2.8M length, 1.1 Width
6. 70 Downlights and 45 power points
7. Security Cam installation included
8. 2 whirlybird
9. Ducted Aircon 16.X Kw, 5 zones, 2 thermostat
10. Rendering for Facade pillar included,
Hey mate, i wasnt able to see the floor plan. So i think something's gone wrong, and will mean you don't get many replies
simis2626
Hey mate, i wasnt able to see the floor plan. So i think something's gone wrong, and will mean you don't get many replies

Updated the post with Plan. Thanks for calling it out @simis2626
Thanks for updating.
Plans look good overall no major concerns from me.

I personally am not keen on the shared wall between the master and Bed 2. Would rather swap bed 2 with bathroom to have a little more space between rooms.

Garage looks a little tight width-wise but looks like that's a function of the frontage available.

Only other comment is probably unusual to have a bath in the ensuite but not in the bathroom, not nessesarily a problem just something a bit different.

Really love the single bowl sink in the island with double sink in the butlers/WIP. We're doing the same on our design and think it will work really well.

Looks good, good luck with the build and hope it all works out. Looking forward to reading more.
simis2626
Thanks for updating.
Plans look good overall no major concerns from me.

I personally am not keen on the shared wall between the master and Bed 2. Would rather swap bed 2 with bathroom to have a little more space between rooms.

Garage looks a little tight width-wise but looks like that's a function of the frontage available.

Only other comment is probably unusual to have a bath in the ensuite but not in the bathroom, not necessarily a problem just something a bit different.

Really love the single bowl sink in the island with double sink in the butlers/WIP. We're doing the same on our design and think it will work really well.

Looks good, good luck with the build and hope it all works out. Looking forward to reading more.

@simis2626 Thank you for reviewing. Really appreciate your time.
Just my personal preference but I wouldn't like to put my bed under a window, from the looks of it, your masterbed room, the bed will have to be under the under and facing the door opening. Just something to think about on where to put the bedroom furniture especially beds.
twotwopig
Just my personal preference but I wouldn't like to put my bed under a window, from the looks of it, your masterbed room, the bed will have to be under the under and facing the door opening. Just something to think about on where to put the bedroom furniture especially beds.

Thanks for your review. Good thought.I will try to adjust the plan 👍
Vasanth

Hello All,

Like most of the first home buyers, I'm new to this forum.

My land is located in Sydney and I have decided to go with Custom builder.

My Lot is 12.4 M width and 30 M length, Building double storey, approx 30.6 Sqs.

Attached is the plan. Please review and comment for betterment.

Common things and some upgrades:

1. 2.7 M ceiling on ground floor and first floor
2. Tile for ground floor and Hybrid wood for stairs and first floor
3. R2.5 insulation for walls and R4 for ceiling
4. showers with framed
5. Island - 40 MM Engineered stone, 2.8M length, 1.1 Width
6. 70 Downlights and 45 power points
7. Security Cam installation included
8. 2 whirlybird
9. Ducted Aircon 16.X Kw, 5 zones, 2 thermostat
10. Rendering for Facade pillar included,

my suggestions include variations to upstairs to make more useable furniture space in the master bedroom, the minor bedrooms more equal in size and use bed 4 wiw floor space as extra biw for master suite
Related
4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum