Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Awning installation fibro home

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Not very handy and would like some assistance please. Looking to install a manual arm opening awning 4.5m width with an arm extension of 3m. My problem is that the awning bracket comes with a kit to install on concrete or brick wall. I have a fibro home as shown in picture of where I want to install it. Any idea what I should use to install?

I am open to anyone coming & installing it for me too, in Sydney. Ask your price.

I would be suggesting you ask the supplier for an installer.
The home based on age and the type of construction is asbestos sheeting over hardwood timber frames. So drilling of the sheets to fit the brackets needs to take into account the asbestos!
The brackets need to be screwed into the frame for structural resistance. The sheeting is only 4-6mm thick, this can't take the weight/load, (not just the weight of the unit but the windload as well).
The timber frame will be at 450mm or possibly 600mm centre's, so you're going to have to be real lucky that the frame is in the right place for the brackets.
I would suggest fixing a timber batten "horizontally" to the face of the sheets, this can then be screw-fixed to the studs and then fix the brackets to the batten.
Related
16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum