Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Need feedback on Theatre Room Door Size

Page 1 of 1
Our Build Journey: https://www.instagram.com/cteafamily/

Hi guy,

Our standard floor plan have open Theatre with 1910mm open. I wanted to add the double doors there. Size of Theatre is 4100mm width x 4490mm length.

Do you think it's weird to have two uneven double door size there (820mm and 620mm) or should I have two 720mm doors?
The reason I wanted 620mm door so when it's open, it won't eat too much space of the projector screen size. I will use 110 inch projector screen there so the screen itself is 2435mm. With is 4100mm so not sure if it's enough room for 720mm door or even 820mm so I can have bigger open (two 820mm doors).

What do you guys think? Should I go two 820mm doors or two 720mm doors or (one 820mm and 620mm doors)?

Thanks!

No door

Two Doors (820mm x 620mm)

Why don't you have the doors open outwards instead.
And, definitely have 2 doors the same size.
bestspecials

Thanks for your feedback. Is it normal to have doors open outward?
makido
bestspecials

Thanks for your feedback. Is it normal to have doors open outward?

i don't think it really matters which way they swing as you have solid walls outside the theatre room.
It will allow more space in the room and them you don't have the concern of them taking up space on the walls inside the room.
If they had glass inserts, they would make a lovely feature.
Couple of options I see.

1. Flip the room so the screen is on the opposite wall, depends on your seating plan.

2. Use a big cavity sliding door.

3. Have the doors open outwards.

4. Have an entrance, ie set back the doors so they're in line with the staircase, depends on how the staircase is setup, as in does it have a solid back or is it designed with steps you can see through.

4 would be my preferred option, that area is a dead space and a little entrance there would be a good spot to keep things like remotes, DVDs game controllers etc depending on your use case without them being in the actual room.
Spazzen
Couple of options I see.

1. Flip the room so the screen is on the opposite wall, depends on your seating plan.

2. Use a big cavity sliding door.

3. Have the doors open outwards.

4. Have an entrance, ie set back the doors so they're in line with the staircase, depends on how the staircase is setup, as in does it have a solid back or is it designed with steps you can see through.

4 would be my preferred option, that area is a dead space and a little entrance there would be a good spot to keep things like remotes, DVDs game controllers etc depending on your use case without them being in the actual room.

Thanks for your suggestion
Related
20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

26/04/2024
Overhead cupboard door size in Kitchen – which is better

Kitchen Corner

Bigger the better for storage for me IMO. But I guess it's harder to tell the cost/benefit in your example - mainly the 'cost'? If you go 700mm, what are you doing extra…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum