Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Query related to Site cut

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am recently started my construction code and got an example house plan from the instructor. We studied about cut and fill part. On the plan it is written unprotected embankment is 604.25 and FFL is 603.56, How to calculate the site cut if I have to use 1:1 (H:L)? and site cut will be from one end to another? I have atatched the sample pic of plan
shouldnt your academic materials and instruction answer these questions?
That means your site will be cut by almost 70 cm plus the depth of your slab (add another 10 cm) and, if you are doing waffle slab, the height of your waffles - add in another 35 cm. So altogether, closer to 115-120 cm. Multiply by the size of your building envelope to understand the amount of volume to be removed.

For your site, I would rather suggest to go with the rafted slab instead.
alexp79
That means your site will be cut by almost 70 cm plus the depth of your slab (add another 10 cm) and, if you are doing waffle slab, the height of your waffles - add in another 35 cm. So altogether, closer to 115-120 cm. Multiply by the size of your building envelope to understand the amount of volume to be removed.

Think you missed the point. He's a student looking for answers on how to complete his homework
Noname
alexp79

Think you missed the point. He's a student looking for answers on how to complete his homework

HI Noname,

Just to correct you its not part of my assessment. its part of my lecture which i couldn't understand and surely contacted my instructed as well. While searching regarding that on google, I found this forum and thought to discuss with the people working in that. Hope you dont mind that.
Ad.Farooq
Noname
alexp79

HI Noname,

Just to correct you its not part of my assessment. its part of my lecture which i couldn't understand and surely contacted my instructed as well. While searching regarding that on google, I found this forum and thought to discuss with the people working in that. Hope you dont mind that.

My point still stands. The answer you got was from somone who assumed you were building not clarifying school work.
alexp79

HI Alexp79,

How you calculated 70cm site cut? also the cut will be for the complete site?
Noname
Ad.Farooq
Noname

HI Noname,

My point still stands. The answer you got was from somone who assumed you were building not clarifying school work.

Good on you. For me its clarifying the concept and I mentioned in the question i am student and wants to classify the concepts which i couldn't in the online class. Thanks for your help.
Ad.Farooq
alexp79

HI Alexp79,

How you calculated 70cm site cut? also the cut will be for the complete site?

I haven't seen your picture (it was not posted), so can't tell wether your current levels are consistent across the site.

70 cm is the difference between 604.25 and 603.56 (69 to be precise)
Hi Alex

i have added in the dropbox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhgss8v8dyw2j ... 0.png?dl=0

let me know if you see that or you need more information
Ad.Farooq
Hi Alex

Hi Alexp79,

are you able to access the photo?

Adnan
Ad.Farooq
Ad.Farooq
Hi Alex

Hi Alexp79,

Adnan

Yes, so if level is consistent, then my calcs stay the same
alexp79
Ad.Farooq
Ad.Farooq
Hi Alex

Hi Alexp79,

Adnan

Yes, so if level is consistent, then my calcs stay the same

So, we have to cut complete site of 690mm?

Adnan
I would say at least 800 mm if you are doing rafted slab and closer to 1100 mm if you are going for waffle pods
Related
4/09/2023
driveway related query

Paving & Concreting

Thank you ponzutwo for the information, much appreciated.

27/11/2023
Site Cut & Footing Excess Soil Removal

General Discussion

PM me your email. I have a build excavation calculator you can use based on your plans to double check what your builder is telling you. Cheers Simeon

9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum