Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Electricity Smart Meters in NSW

Page 1 of 1
I'm about to have a smart meter installed in my home by my new electricity provide, Amber Electric. The home is in NSW and the meter is being installed by Vector Metering. I intend contacting Amber to ask about exactly what meter will be installed, and whether I have a choice of meter and/or any optional extras (understandably, for an extra fee). Given this is a free contracted solution, I very much doubt I will have any choice, but just in case do, I thought I would seek some advice. So:

* Are there any difference between the various smart meters available/allowable in NSW?
* If you could choose, would you choose one over another…and why?
* Do all or some smart meters have optional extras, especially with respect to remote/in home energy monitoring, and preferably on a mobile device or computer rather than a proprietary display?
* Anything anyone else thinks might be interesting information about smart meters?
Related
21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

21/04/2024
smart or normal switches

Building A New House

Shelly switches require a paid subscription for full access to all features which is ridiulous given the lifespan of a home and if you were to sell it or buy a home with…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum