Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Concrete question

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, on the edge of our house concrete slab where the house slab meets the driveway there is a piece of wood about 12 inches long embedded in the concrete. It’s previously been covered but as you can see the covering is coming off. Any idea what it would be there for? Should I remove it and fill the gap with concrete? Any help appreciated

I can think of no reason why that wood should be there.
It's amazing what is uncovered by accident, when you go looking or when your home is being demolished due to structural damage by blatant non-compliance, incompetence and lack of duty of care.

Harts
It's amazing what is uncovered by accident, when you go looking or when your home is being demolished due to structural damage by blatant non-compliance, incompetence and lack of duty of care.

WTF is this? My 6 year old I am sure could do better! Fark me!!!
This is insane, what ended up happening?
More than insane. VCAT will decide the outcome. VBA have had the complaint since June 2019 but it's still sitting with the disciplinary unit. It's a long, slow process. In the meantime, my home is demolished and I am paying rent. The odds are stacked up against the consumer.
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum