Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

King Homes

Page 1 of 1
Just wondering if anyone has built with King Homes? We are considering building with them but would love to hear about others experiences. Thanks!
There are a few topics on here and facebook, they look to have good reviews - the wife of the owner has an Instagram - builderswife and shares builds and stuff on there! nice looking homes and family run.
check this topic :
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=98859&hilit=king+homes

I have been discussing with them our build so far, and cannot (yet) say anything bad about them.
I am in process of building with King Homes. Plans should be going to council soon. Link to build in signature.
hi .. im learning the hard way with King homes.. that insulation on the INTERNAL walls are NOT a standard.

anyone else here experience that as well?
Hi,

Sorry haven't got this far with them yet.If you don't mind may I know how has your experience been with King Homes so far ?

Are you building a duplex house or single ?
duplex

we are looking building a double storey

honestly.. i could not fault the initial sales process.. BUT that just gets you to sign their agreement.. they still have yet to build the house. We have not done colours or anything else yet.

Since accepting the tender, we have already been affected by cost changes due to Front wooden door (not standard) and insulation on internal walls required as BASIX requirements ( though i do recall other builders include this as standard)..
So following acceptance of the tender.. we havent progressed much (due to COVID), and already receiving 2 x invoices to pay for thing believed was included did not go down well.
Ohh that sucks.

Let me share my experience:

I went to them with specific design in mind and told them my budget. They said they can do it and they are flexible with changes and doesn’t usually charge extra cost. So they convinced me to sign the first agreement and charged me hefty non-refundable fee for some survey which I figured now is very high compared to other builders. And after going back and forth many times with the design (mostly because they couldn’t get it right first time ) they quoted me a price for the house which is way over my initial budget. And they have introduced new variations cost which they didn’t mention earlier. It’s like dealing with different people pre and post agreement.

Long story short I don’t really feel comfortable going forward with them even though I see they have fairly positive reviews online. Hopefully yours will be one of those good experience fingers crossed.
skuzy
@duplex

we are looking building a double storey

honestly.. i could not fault the initial sales process.. BUT that just gets you to sign their agreement.. they still have yet to build the house. We have not done colours or anything else yet.

Since accepting the tender, we have already been affected by cost changes due to Front wooden door (not standard) and insulation on internal walls required as BASIX requirements ( though i do recall other builders include this as standard)..
So following acceptance of the tender.. we havent progressed much (due to COVID), and already receiving 2 x invoices to pay for thing believed was included did not go down well.

We are currently building with King homes. Link to build is in sig.

How is your internal selection process coming along?
we had colours booked in , but days before our meeting NSW lockdown laws kicked in and we have not been able to do this.

they are now proposing a virtual colours selection and will not consider any extension to their tender expiry date - which i think is an appalling way to treat your new customers during unprecedented times.
I suggest checking your contract for provisions of how to deal with this or consult a lawyer. I don't think this behaviour is reasonable or ethical in the current situation.
skuzy
we had colours booked in , but days before our meeting NSW lockdown laws kicked in and we have not been able to do this.

they are now proposing a virtual colours selection and will not consider any extension to their tender expiry date - which i think is an appalling way to treat your new customers during unprecedented times.

When did you sign the contract and when is the tender expiry date?

If they cant do tender in person because of the lockdown, its only right to ask for an extension. Doing tender presentation online suck, we went in person and still took 5 hours! There is a lot to discuss.
Has anyone done a recent price estimate with King? I was basically told prices have shot up 100-200k and I shouldnt waste my time doing a tender with them. Thats really odd because all the other builders Ive spoken to have said they are similar in price, if not more, and one said they cant compete with pricing and they were fairly reasonable on costs in the first place. Their estimate tool has come back at almost the same price as local builders have estimated and they're 200-300k compared to other project builders who do custom.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum