Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

James Hardie Axon and Stria cladding disappoints

Page 1 of 1
Just wanted to share how disappointed I am with both of these claddings.
Firstly these claddings are not cheap products they are quite costly to buy.
When it comes to painting I have always been told preparation is everything.
The stria cladding comes pre primed, unfortunately it seems that James Hardie doesn’t believe in any pre painting preparation as they have painted over all the crumbs and rubbish that was on the sheets after manufacturing. Also all the edges of the shiplap are rough ,very rough and crumbly not nice clean edges and because they are painted over it is a near impossible task to clean up this already painted mess.
I have spent days going over them with a razor trying to get rid of all the rubbish they painted onto each and every board.
Honestly what would it take blow all the rubbish off them before they painted them.
The Axon sheeting came with big blobs of what I think is glue all over them, which when you pulled the sheets apart the top surface was ripped off.
So, it’s a huge thumbs down from me and my builder on the James Hardie Axon and Stria cladding.
James Hardie charge enough for the cladding just a shame they don’t bother with any quality control.
that's concerning, i was planning on using them for my next build
Well hopefully JH will lift their game.
There is another company that makes a similar sheet but I have no experience with their product, so don’t know if their quality control is any better.
If the sheets are high, like on a double story you probably wouldn’t notice all the lumps and bumps but certainly at eye level you can see them all and it is a ridiculously time consuming job trying to get rid of them and try to sharpen the shadow line edge.
Good luck.
Related
27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

29/01/2024
Anyone know the process to stain axon cladding

Building A New House

The most definitive answer to your question James is this taken from the James Hardie Axon Cladding Installation Guide - i just happen to have it…

6/04/2024
Elliot Hardie Homes

Building A New House

The reviews are fake - we discovered they are mostly written by their staff or suppliers they deal with. We just built with EHH. The most heartbreaking experience of our…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum