Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

WA Window import

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
starting a new build in WA soon and I'm looking for someone to share a container , importing windows and doors from Chinese Co Feilong group anyone interested please contact me
Bugger, I'm looking to import same to Brisbane
Have you checked container prices lately
they have skyrocketed not to forget the shipping delays.
Local manufactured windows in contrast are now cheap
StructuralBIMGuy
Have you checked container prices lately
they have skyrocketed not to forget the shipping delays.
Local manufactured windows in contrast are now cheap

Thanks for the info can you recommend a local supplier that is likely to match on price and quality
Mark
I was talking with an acquaintance in the industry, he was a BDM for a window manufacturer that sourced there windows out of China, he gave it away after 6 months as it was to hard to deal with the manufacturing arm in China, kept stuffing up sliding panels and fixed panels and hinged doors the wrong side etc. Would take another 10 weeks to replace the wrong products and shipping was on the importer, container freight has doubled in price. What happens when a lock or rollers or hinges die? I'm not sure you will get replacements, also have to make sure that they are to Australian standards.

If you go local there are some great manufacturer's, Jason Windows have the majority of the perth market, open windows and doors make a very nice frame as well, I would stick clear of Upvc as they aren't proven in Australian conditions but that's only IMO.

Good luck
Affinity Windows is another option in WA
Karlos1001
Affinity Windows is another option in WA

Not the greatest window and terrible after sales
Related
14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum