Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Building with Coral Homes

Page 1 of 1
My wife and I are thinking of building with Coral Homes in the Hunter Valley Newcastle, anyone's personal experiences good or bad would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi Casho,

We have just started our build with Coral and so far the experience has been good. We are building in South East Queensland. Our site has been cut and the footing are all in place. This was all done in a week.
RRR
Hi Casho,

We have just started our build with Coral and so far the experience has been good. We are building in South East Queensland. Our site has been cut and the footing are all in place. This was all done in a week.

I've read that Coral is really good in Queensland but not so good in NSW, the Hunter Valley in particular.
Anyone in Newcastle deslt with them?
3 hours north of Newcastle. 6 months 4 days from deposit to start building start date.
S+C_MidNorthCoast
3 hours north of Newcastle. 6 months 4 days from deposit to start building start date.

Bit average that is, good luck with it all.
Casho77
S+C_MidNorthCoast

Bit average that is, good luck with it all.

Cheers! Yeah we didn’t know what was normal as it’s our first build but there’s been plenty of avoidable delays. Should pick up speed now that we have a start date though.
We are 2nd time building with Coral Homes. 1st time 7 years ago was a real challenge lots of issues with the build & aftercare process but was such a gorgeous home Marcoola 31. We have chosen to go with them again for our 3rd build and have selected a Grange 26 with ensuite option B, building in the beautiful Catherine Park estate in south west Sydney, so far the process has been good. Honestly we believe Coral has the best offerings and inclusions at a reasonable price, we are on the Elegance inclusions which has extras like flooring, air conditioning including the Myair system, 30 downlights, custom vanities to bathrooms, wood grain finishes in kitchen, 20mm waterfall stone bench + so much more. Contract signed last week & plans done thanks to the express to contract service.
mrsveldy
We are 2nd time building with Coral Homes. 1st time 7 years ago was a real challenge lots of issues with the build & aftercare process but was such a gorgeous home Marcoola 31. We have chosen to go with them again for our 3rd build and have selected a Grange 26 with ensuite option B, building in the beautiful Catherine Park estate in south west Sydney, so far the process has been good. Honestly we believe Coral has the best offerings and inclusions at a reasonable price, we are on the Elegance inclusions which has extras like flooring, air conditioning including the Myair system, 30 downlights, custom vanities to bathrooms, wood grain finishes in kitchen, 20mm waterfall stone bench + so much more. Contract signed last week & plans done thanks to the express to contract service.

Thanks for the reply, they do have an excellent inclusions package. Still tossing up between Coral and Mojo.
Hope your build goes smooth and fast for you👍🏼
Thanks for the reply, they do have an excellent inclusions package. Still tossing up between Coral and Mojo.
Hope your build goes smooth and fast for you👍🏼[/quote]

I don’t know who Mojo are but Coral have a good range of inclusions and the end product is great. That’s what matters, you just have to prepare yourself for a painful admin process and watch for mistakes. I think they have a lot of work on and not enough staff however I have read some great reviews from others who have had an entirely different experience than we have. E.g. we paid for express contracts and it took 7 weeks to draw up our plans... then there was a lost 4 weeks for no apparent reason and recently lost 2 more weeks because our pre-admin consultant was sick and no one picked up her case load. Patience comes with a cost, for us the delays have meant an extra $6000 in rent and mortgage repayments. Our build will be 12 months from initial deposit to completion at this rate. You can check out our build in my profile.

There’s a good Facebook page for people building with coral too.
DO
where this happend? in Brisbnae or Syd?
central coast
CTK
m
S+C_MidNorthCoast

We are building with Masterton and 7 1/2 months and no start on build yet and it will be at least another month... not happy at all.
We looked at Coral and they didn't build in the subdivision we are building in.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum