Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

White or black window frames

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone! So iv got to pick my window colours today and I’m still torn between white or black?

I like the light and bright open feel of white and I’d prefer my stacker door to be white but I think black look more modern and I’m worried about building a new house that looks old. Can white frames look modern? Iv not seen many white frames going up recently and every house in my new build (about 12) have black windows.

Opinions please 😊
[quote="Courtney22":3i14aeul]Hi everyone! So iv got to pick my window colours today and I’m still torn between white or black?

I like the light and bright open feel of white and I’d prefer my stacker door to be white but I think black look more modern and I’m worried about building a new house that looks old. Can white frames look modern? Iv not seen many white frames going up recently and every house in my new build (about 12) have black windows.

Opinions please 😊[/quote:3i14aeul]
Tough decision. But depends on the style of home.
White looks great on a Hamptons style home.
Good luck.

[img:3i14aeul]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/95661_1606893737.jpeg[/img:3i14aeul]

[img:3i14aeul]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/95661_1606893755.jpeg[/img:3i14aeul]
It depends on your exterior color scheme really
Hi Courtney,

If you have used mostly light colours, a dark window frame makes some contrast and in my opinion looks nice.
Related
10/12/2023
Small black specks appearing on new white Caesar Stone

Kitchen Corner

Thankyou for your advice. We do have Caesar coming out and hopefully resolve the issue for us.

29/03/2024
Certification for glazing and aluminium window/door frames

Windows & Doors

For your reference Performance Labels: Window assemblies in housing, except timber windows, must be labelled so the label can be seen when it is in situ. For timber…

7/05/2024
insulation/filler for gaps in window frames

Building A New House

yes that window needs a header, good pick up

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum