Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Selling house without deck permit

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
Didn't find much info on this online so wanted to get your thoughts.
Im based in Wyndham council in Victoria and have built a deck in my backyard 4.2m (l) x 4.2m (w) x 0.3m (h) and is built on stumps concreted to the ground.
The thing is I didn't bother getting a council permit as this is my first build and I wasnt aware that i needed one.
Now that I want to sell the house the conveyancer has brought this up.
Has anyone in Victoria sold a house without decking permit?
Any input/feedback will be highly appreciated.
Is it connected to the house and does it have a solid roof? If not then it doesn’t need approval.
We had the same problem when we sold our house in that area. The owners before us didnt get a permit for our pergola and we weren't aware until we went to sell. It had a roof, not just a deck.
I think the buyer only bought it up as they wanted to pick holes in the sale, but in the end we discounted the price to resolve it.
Berek
Is it connected to the house and does it have a solid roof? If not then it doesn’t need approval.

It is connected to the house and no roof.
Go onto your councils website . There should be a section that tells you what you can and cannot build without a DA. With ours you can build a timber deck up to 20sqm as long as none of it is more than 900mm from natural ground and that there is no roof over it.

Stewie
Related
11/08/2023
Class 3 rooming house Occupancy Permit Problem

General Discussion

I don’t think so as the floor area over 300 square meters then it is class 3….

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum