Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

House damaged by neighbors building work

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

House was damaged by nextdoor demolition work last months. The demolition company take all the responsibility to the damage. I was told it would be fixed in the following week. But They just put a temporary fence for me and Try to ring them, every time i was told will be fix this week or very soon. I get silk to talk with these people.

The problem is my neighbour has passed away last year. I couldn't get contact with her son. Try to contact local council they just give me the name of the owner, no contact number.

Any advice?
I would make an insurance claim with your insurer giving them all the details.
It will then get fixed and your insurer will go after the demo company. They should even be able to get your excess back.
The insurance company won't muck around and will do whatever is needed to retrieve their money from the demo company but at least you don't have to be involved.
chippy
It will then get fixed and your insurer will go after the demo company. They should even be able to get your excess back.
The insurance company won't muck around and will do whatever is needed to retrieve their money from the demo company but at least you don't have to be involved.

great advice Chippy!!!
Adelaidefish
Hi guys,

House was damaged by nextdoor demolition work last months. The demolition company take all the responsibility to the damage. I was told it would be fixed in the following week. But They just put a temporary fence for me and Try to ring them, every time i was told will be fix this week or very soon. I get silk to talk with these people.

The problem is my neighbour has passed away last year. I couldn't get contact with her son. Try to contact local council they just give me the name of the owner, no contact number.

Any advice?

if you have insurance claim them or talk with your lawyer hope they will give you professional advice.
chippy

Thanks😊
Philip_Green
Adelaidefish
Hi guys,

Any advice?

if you have insurance claim them or talk with your lawyer hope they will give you professional advice.

Talked with my insurance, they said if the builder don't do the job they will fix
Philip_Green
Adelaidefish
Hi guys,

Any advice?

I send email to the builder asked them to fix in 2 weeks. If they don't do my insurance company will fix for me. Thank you 😊
Hi guys,

I know this is an old thread. I'm going thru something similar and need help.
My house was demolished and the demo company damaged my neighbour's property .

The demo company has lodged a claim , but the insurance company has rejected it .That is another story why they rejected it and we trying to fight it .

Just wondering @ Adelaidefish whether your insurance company made you pay for excess and did they increase your premium ?

Thanks
Related
17/10/2023
Warped/damaged roof truss?

General Discussion

It's hard to comment as the photos area bit dark ( you might need a new 15 - just got one and wow > ) Jokes aside, I can see one member that is cracked. I would find a…

10/05/2024
Damaged/repaired PVC pipe under concrete slab

General Discussion

The coupling, which is made from flexible PVC, needs to comply with AS/NZS 4327 which specifies the requirements for metal banded flexible couplings used in low-pressure…

2/06/2024
Rain damaged concrete causing dusting

Paving & Concreting

Thanks, we are headed in the direction of grinding, but unsure of what to do on top of that?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum