Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Stormwater pipe repair before concreting

Page 1 of 1
Hi

Currently at last stages of project home.

Need advise if rubber joiner is suitable for charged stormwater line? Will it last?

Original pipe had a hole and plumbers used rubber joiner, I assumed they would use a coupling and PVC glue.

The area is a foot path which will have concrete poured with next few days. And not sure to request builder to have the join repaired again with glue/coupling.

It's good.

I would never specify the use of flimsy SN2 pvc stormwater pipe in a charged system but it is probably included in the specs.

Not impressed with the (lack of) angle of repose either!
@SaveH20 can you confirm that 'it's good' means that the rubber join will last. I did the same thing yesterday with stormwater pipe 300mm lower than outlet to street about to be covered by concrete driveway and concerned this morning it will perish in 30years or less.
30 years is a long time but they are used extensively in underground non and low pressure applications.

You posting has reminded me that I was going to check manufacturers definition of "low pressure application" to make sure that a rainwater harvesting wet system fell into that category. These days I don't recommend using them with rainwater harvesting wet system pipes but I realise you have a non pressure application.
Hello, I had a company build my new home. Days prior to pouring of the concrete slab, the concreter accidentally damaged a PVC drainage pipe. This pipe is connected to a bathroom area. The plumber on site repaired the pipe with he he stated was an "Aussie Clamp." He said this repair is to code and it happens all the time. I have since spoke to plumbers who say it is to Code, and some say it is not. I have tried numerous time to clarify this with Fair Trading NSW without success. I would appreciate any assistance, answers or direction to the correct answer. There are no issues with leaking etc, I just want clarification if it is to Code prior to my home warranty expiring. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The picture taken from distance is the damage pipe and site. The second is the repair to the PVC pipe. Thank you.

The coupling, which is made from flexible PVC, needs to comply with AS/NZS 4327 which specifies the requirements for metal banded flexible couplings used in low-pressure pipeline systems that convey water, waste water or stormwater. This included certification with the WaterMark Certificate of Conformity.

It would be highly unusual for a plumber to use a coupling that didn't have this certification.
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes the joiner was a compliant item. I just wasn't sure if the pipe had to be completely replaced, or that the repair was compliant. Thanks again for your reply.
Related
23/07/2023
Fixing cracked stormwater PVC pipe

General Discussion

Plumbers 'can be' plumbers, made all the worse by self certification which the building surveyor invariably accepts as proof of compliance! The good thing is that you know know.

1/04/2024
Lack of New Stormwater Pipe Bedding

General Discussion

Hi All! I have engaged a plumber to re-do the stormwater drainage system on my property which is mid-70s and had blocked/cracked clay pipe drains. The works has…

13/06/2023
Concreting surface too high

Paving & Concreting

It will be neat but you won't have much freeboard. At least they are not weep holes. Are you in a high intensity rainfall region? The regulatory slope is only required…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum