Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Brimbank Gardens, Derrimut VIC

Page 49 of 50
Cricket nets for sure and really good ones by the look of them
Anyone know what they are building @ Coles car park corner?

I'm travelling over an hour each way for work atm
Would love to have a job around the area. Working for one of those logistics company doing IT or one of those data centre would be good. Although with so many logistics company folding I don't like the chances!

Who would be responsible for those lights at the entrance round about? With both lights going out it's a bit dark turning into the estate at night.
fruitty
Anyone know what they are building @ Coles car park corner?

I'm travelling over an hour each way for work atm
Would love to have a job around the area. Working for one of those logistics company doing IT or one of those data centre would be good. Although with so many logistics company folding I don't like the chances!

Who would be responsible for those lights at the entrance round about? With both lights going out it's a bit dark turning into the estate at night.

My guess is a Shell Petrol Station since the Coles is right there , but I have been told it is going to be a McDonalds, and they don't seem to be digging holes for petrol tanks they seem to be leveling it out so it might be a McDonalds.
I would thnk that the lights would be brimbank council.
hmm another fast food join! just need KFC next to the fruit shop to complete the collection.

The Caltex servo is useless being in an industrial estate yet don't take fuel card...

I know of at least 2 servo nearby (the one of ballarat and one couple of km away at kings / gillespie shopping strip) closing so I wouldn't think they would have 2 right here when BP is not too far away. Also the Caltex is in a bad location as it can only take customer one way. I've seen too many making illegal u turn into it... which you can kind of understand.
Yep is a Maccas being built there! mmmm brecky and coffee!

Anyone got any word if the Aldi is coming or not?
Anyone have experience with the local GP (one at Coles or IGA) & dentist (corner of station Rd / ballarat) ?
fruitty
Anyone have experience with the local GP (one at Coles or IGA) & dentist (corner of station Rd / ballarat) ?

Been to both the young Indian doc near Coles medial diagnosis was "you have man flu" didn't make me feel great considering I felt like crap.
I went to the one near IGA when it first opened I was sitting in the waiting room and saw a guy coughing up a massive loogie into the sink, thought that was bad enough till I relished he was the doctor that made my day.
We now go to the medical clinic on Taylor's rd near woolworths or the one in carinlea near Coles. Found them ok
Why not Deer Park Medical Centre (on Cantebury Street)? I've been there a few times (both personally and with my kiddo). I believe the doctors out there are pretty good.
I noticed new for sale signs for the vacant lot beside coles a few days ago. Looks like there is still money to be made in real estate.
Ok peoples... does anyone know when those bloody park lights will be turned on!

Is it going to take an incident/ injury to get the councils attention?
Adam.M
Ok peoples... does anyone know when those bloody park lights will be turned on!

Is it going to take an incident/ injury to get the councils attention?

if you mean the big flood lights, they are controled by the sports club, so will only be on when there is soccer training in winter and cricket training/games in summer.
I'm more so talking about the lights at the park on Westminster Parkway.
Looks like Macas opening very soon
Has anyone woke up in the morning the last few days to find that they had no power and found it was the Safety Switch activated?
I caught someone at my meter at midnight last night.
fr_303
Has anyone woke up in the morning the last few days to find that they had no power and found it was the Safety Switch activated?
I caught someone at my meter at midnight last night.

Had the same issue minutes after I read your post. I was laminating some edging using an iron on melamine and the iron stopped working. I thought, yep time to buy an iron. But soon realised that the lights didn't work in one room but did in another. Inspected the meter box and found the Safety Switch off.

All in all, I would think that rather being someone playing a prank on households, it's just a case of an electrical surge that has hit Brimbank Gardens and the safety switch just saved our TVs. Why I think that is that my meter box is a pain to open and close so unless the prankster was thoughtful enough to close the box, it was something else.

Although someone loitering around your box in the first place sounds suss?
Mines locked.. with a smart metre there is no need for the power company to come out anymore.. so I just locked it.
I don't think it was a prank these guys where not kids, he was either turning off the power so no sensor lights come on and was either trying to get into my shed or tring to get into the house.
or he was turning off the power then coming back again to check if it's still off the next day. If it's still off they know you are away and break in with all the time they need.
Just wanted to know if anyone else in the area had this happen.
Omg I am shocked reading this guys. My alarm has been going off all week and was thinking it might be some insects in the roof causing this but this makes sense that the power might be flickering with this switch off. It has never done this before so I will definitely check this!!!

Also, I am at work at the moment and heard on the news there was some grass fire. I hope it has not done any major damage to the neighbourhood.
Its seems PEET are still trying to be a pain in our a$$.

Just had a verandah rejected, PEET still have to approve everything, even after the land has been handed to council to manage.

So here I am, with approved plans from the Council, and rejected plans from PEET.

Grrr
Anyone got any info on the restaurant going up near the servo?
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum