Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

[NSW] Gregory Hills - Roll Call!

Page 46 of 55
Think that is covered under the development covenants.

What dont you like about duplexes?
Amazing to see the whole estate is sold out looks like there is a little section down near enterprise about to go on sale
I would like to say what a useful forum this has been.
Cant believe all of the Rosella and Corella release have been sold already. Waiting for land rego now... happening April next year

Building with Eden Brae
Eve22
I would like to say what a useful forum this has been.
Cant believe all of the Rosella and Corella release have been sold already. Waiting for land rego now... happening April next year

Building with Eden Brae

Hi Eve22

Welcome to the GH community. It sure is a great forum and you can get heaps of help and guidance from people who have already gone through their build or are still building.
Eve22... Have you bought land in the Rosella estate... I have been told from GH rego is expected December, the builder says January and the conveyancer says March... Anyone got a firm idea of when it will be?
I got an email stating that Land will be released on the 28th of September?
Hi BrendanH yes that is correct a new release is due on the 28th as all the current releases are sold out!
Thanks mazim26 it sure is a great forum, the advice you get here is all based on experience

1sttimebuilding.. our land is in the Corella estate and to be honest last we checked with GH sales office been advised that the rego is happening end of March and the builder didnt confirm nothing as they kept referring us to GH but from the building contract the start date says by end of May 2014
1sttimebuilding2012
Eve22... Have you bought land in the Rosella estate... I have been told from GH rego is expected December, the builder says January and the conveyancer says March... Anyone got a firm idea of when it will be?

Had a look at your blog and your landscape for your frontyard looks really good. I was thinking something similar when our house is done.... Simple and Nice. How much did it cost you all up doing landscaping if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
We got a quote early in the build before construction based on our plan for just turf laying.. $3300. So we budgeted $6000 for the landscape complete hahaha... When they started bricking we realised that we needed a retaining wall. Because the neighbour had already put the fence in, it meant that they had to do all the work manually. That added to the cost of the retaining wall. Then we realised that our driveway was not wide enough to have two cars sit on the driveway with children getting in and out of the car and not stepping in the mud at the time. We already had it 5.5m wide the whole width but that was not wide enough. Finally we chose Brally landscapes because he added some plants, a tree, lighting to what we originally wanted. We got three quotes, and All the quotes blew us away with our initial budget, but we couldn't get anything done without having the retaining wall and levelling off the block first. A lot of landscapers quoted but then also stated they couldn't start for 6-9 weeks. It rained real heavy the week it was supposed to start. It was over $20K. I was really pleased with the job, and Brad and his guys had it done within two weeks... Which made us really happy.
1sttimebuilding2012
We got a quote early in the build before construction based on our plan for just turf laying.. $3300. So we budgeted $6000 for the landscape complete hahaha... When they started bricking we realised that we needed a retaining wall. Because the neighbour had already put the fence in, it meant that they had to do all the work manually. That added to the cost of the retaining wall. Then we realised that our driveway was not wide enough to have two cars sit on the driveway with children getting in and out of the car and not stepping in the mud at the time. We already had it 5.5m wide the whole width but that was not wide enough. Finally we chose Brally landscapes because he added some plants, a tree, lighting to what we originally wanted. We got three quotes, and All the quotes blew us away with our initial budget, but we couldn't get anything done without having the retaining wall and levelling off the block first. A lot of landscapers quoted but then also stated they couldn't start for 6-9 weeks. It rained real heavy the week it was supposed to start. It was over $20K. I was really pleased with the job, and Brad and his guys had it done within two weeks... Which made us really happy.

Oh God, seems like you went through big dramas for your landscape. I know retaining wall is just a killer. So much extra money that we sometimes don't budget goes in it. One Positive for us is that one side of our block already has retained wall from GH and the other side should hopefully not require any. As our block has a drop at the front we might end up with a steep front yard unless we break it up similar to yours.

So I should start saving extra for the landscaping I guess!!!! As its not all about just top soil and laying turf...Hahaha

You wont imagine as we are getting closer to completion I am dreading about all these little jobs to get the house livable. So much still to do after handover..

Thanks for the feedback.
That is one thing I like about Gregory Hills the land is already retained. The block I have just purchase has a retaining wall one side.
1sttimebuilding2012
That is one thing I like about Gregory Hills the land is already retained. The block I have just purchase has a retaining wall one side.

Where abouts have u purchased

- now Free
In lorikeet circuit...
Hi, I just started to look for home and land packages. can not make my mind which area, Greagory Hills, Hermitage or Oran Park????
Parniya- I think you need to work out which location suits your needs... Oran park has schools already established, and a major shopping centre in the future.

Gregory hills will have a school, shops and a sports centre in the future but I think they are a couple of years away.

Both Gregory hills and Oran park have an established bus network, and ease of access to Camden valley way to commute to work.

If its house and land packages that are available. I don't think there are any available in Gregory Hills. There might be one in the next release but I don't know... Best to ask the different sales offices and register to received their emails.
Parniya
Hi, I just started to look for home and land packages. can not make my mind which area, Greagory Hills, Hermitage or Oran Park????

there are a number of house and land packages available at Gregory Hills all the display homes have them i know for a fact Fairmont homes have a number of them in Gregory Hills
Are you building again 1sttimebuilding?
Yep
An investment house this time.
1sttimebuilding2012
Yep
An investment house this time.

good idea with the popularity of the homes in the area very easy to make some money off an investment property if you can afford it.

even buying land and sitting on it for a few years.

landscaping is a killer, even though our block was benched and had retaining walls on both sides, there was still a slight fall on our land and hence it resulted in almost 100T of soil to be removed from the block. That cost a couple grand to get rid of. All up our landscaping was approx. 30k and i think we got a steal at that price for what we got. Other people quoted double (60-70k) for the same job.
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

29/06/2023
Landscape Design Parramatta NSW

Landscape & Garden Design

Landscape Design Parramatta We have been doing a large amount of landscape design work in Sydney…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum