Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Anyone else waiting for their Kleenmaid Products?

Page 4 of 5
I understand that whole concept behind selling off the remaining assets but it stinks to think that people who have already paid for goods wont get them meanwhile some other owner builder/renovator can come in a buy, at a bargain price presumably, the whitegoods someone else has already paid for! How ridiculous is it that people affected by this can in theory go off to auction and buy their appliances...again!?
why would an unsecured creditor get access to funds before a secured creditor? defeats the purpose of having security when arranging finances
not it's the secure creditors that are first in line & the unsecured usually gets nothing.
another article to read

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 02,00.html
Guys,

Be aware of what you type here...

The line is starting to thin out a little!

Just a gentle reminder about what is at the top of each posting:

Forum users are reminded defamation laws apply to discussion boards. Individuals are responsible for their postings, and can be traced very easily by IP address.

Speculation helps no one and companies will be looking for excuses and reasons to take people for defamation etc.

It is disgusting what has happened but we need to stick with the facts ...
was it something I said?
Guys, I am so sorry to hear about what has happened for our H1 mbrs who put down deposits or paid for Kleenmaid, its distgusting

For those of us who's builders were using Kleenmaid, I have had some news from my builder. They sent a letter saying we have two options, go with Technika or get a pretty decent credit to go to any store and purchase appliances ourselves.

So we are about to go shopping to see what stores have their Rudd stimulus bonus deals happenin at the moment! I still have a sick feeling in my stomach about it all though
That's fantastic ICK. Good work from your builder.

Let us know what you decide as there should be some good deals out there!
Thanks Jo, I feel a bit embarressed but thought I'd say something for those worrying.

Next big thing for me is to try to get the credit from the builder in cash to buy a good deal! haha Wont have a chance but I'll never know if I don't ask
I just bought an asko dishwasher from HN.. I was going to leave it in the warehouse for the next 5-6 weeks until I moved in to my new house.. but now I think I should just go and pick it up... who knows who could be going broke next..
There is a message on you tube from the owners of Kleenmaid. I haven't looked at it but if you are affected may have some further information. The link below takes you to the story and gives you a link to view from there.

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,25337283-462,00.html
Hi, we have just been advised by our builder that they will offer us the Westinghouse DSK963S 900mm freestanding oven as a replacement to our Kleenmaid FEG 905X 900mm freestanding oven. (Aswell as Westinghouse rangehood, to replace Kleenmaid rangehood)

I am really disappointed in this as I believe Westinghouse to be inferior to Kleenmaid.

We have also been offered that we can take a credit if we want to replace the oven ouselves. We have just sent an email to them advising EXACTLY what will this credit be.

I have researched the internet, but can not find a price for the Kleenmaid oven we were originally getting. Does anyone have any idea? I would really appreciate this information then I can argue better with builder as I don't hold out much hope of getting a decent credit.

I am sorry for those people who have been affected by this and actually paid out for their appliances. I hope it works out for you.
kleenmaid appliances are only rebadged appliances, I asked them at the time of my purchase for the manufacturer name so I could look at their web site. Not sure if you will be able to get that info from them now.

Westinghouse & electrolux are the only appliances made in australia, the rest come from overseas.
I would go for the westinghouse as they are manufactured in orange nsw.
I'm sure this won't make you feel any better, but according to Choice reliability survey of 13,000 people, Kleenmaid appliances were not all that crash hot and did not score well in "% appliances not needing repair in 12 months" and I believe they came last in washing machines. Bosch and Miele were cosistently the best so there's a hint if you get your credit.
I vaguely heard something on the radio this afternoon in the news saying that those affected may be able to contact their bank with regards to a refund. Don't you get warranty of some for on you VISA? so maybe those of you who have made a deposit or made payments in full, especially if on your CC, can some how get your money back.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html

Quote:
THE administrator for failed whitegoods company Kleenmaid says customers who paid for appliances won't be receiving them.
The Queensland appliance retailer went into administration on April 9. The first creditors' meeting is being held today in Brisbane, where hundreds of Kleenmaid creditors and customers have gathered.

During the briefing creditors heard that the company had debts of $73 million before Easter. They also expressed frustration at estimates that the administration will cost $400,000.

Coming out of the meeting, Kleenmaid employee Tom Cummins said: "Bad news, bad news, bad news".

"People are acknowledging the fact that the hole is much deeper than expected," he said.

Creditor Ian Christesen, who is awaiting $25,000 in kitchen goods he has paid for in full, said he was "pretty gutted".

"It's apparent that this is not something that has just happened overnight, it's been going on for some time," Mr Christesen said.

"It appears the debts are increasing and the liabilities of the company's increasing.

"There's some areas they don't know, like employee entitlements."

Administrator John Greig, from Deloitte, said yesterday it had become clear that the small amount of new stock owned by Kleenmaid was "subject to a number of competing claims".

Kleenmaid's warehouse provider is owed $2.1 million and won't hand over any stock - even to the administrators - until its debt has been paid.

"Consequently, after satisfying the warehouse providers claim there is likely to be little if any stock available to satisfy the secured and unsecured customer claims, which are estimated at $27.6m and $27m respectively," Mr Greig said.

"Unfortunately at this stage we do not forsee that the available assets of the Kleenmaid Group will provide any return to unsecured creditors."

Secured creditors such as Westpac are owed about $28 million, customers' deposits total about $27 million, and trade customers and suppliers are owed $16 million.

Disgruntled customers have been turning up to Kleenmaid stores seeking their appliances.

The Australian Consumers Association's Christopher Zinn said he hoped customers would get some recognition at today's meeting.
$25,000 worth....OMG
I got my letter from Deloitte the other day. Lost cause I think.
abc news today,

3 million owing to staff
Just wanted to say how sad I am for those affected by the Kleenmaid situation.
Mum had to fill out a heap of forms today with her credit union concerning getting any funds back as we payed by Visa. (I also have to fill out forms, but I only had an initial $500 holding deposit on mine.)

Anyway, they seemed quite hopeful that something can come of this. They did say that it most likely will not be the whole amount, and that it could take a while, but there should eventually be an outcome.
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum