Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Brimbank Gardens, Derrimut VIC

Page 26 of 50
bobes
Hey trippy happy 2011 to you and everyone else too !

We were lucky enough to have handover on december 24th - all i can say its been hectic and still busy as trying to juggle eveything but loving the new house ! Happy to be in the nieghbourhood !

congrats that you have already moved in...

have you sorted out the internet connection?
pac-manny
bobes

We were lucky enough to have handover on december 24th - all i can say its been hectic and still busy as trying to juggle eveything but loving the new house ! Happy to be in the nieghbourhood !

Nothing will happen until the GOv3rnm3nt and T3lstr@ get their sh*t together unfortunately...
pac-manny
bobes

Hi Pac

We have internode hopfully connecting a phone line monday .... fingers crossed all goes well have you not got your connection sorted yet ??

Trippy,

Yep the never ending list of things todo has begun and your not wrong about never ending , im already over it trying to organise qoutes ect... lucky im going on some much needed annual leave in the next 2 weeks...
Hey folks..
a vote here for internode as well... great service and great speed.

bobes - 2 weeks. . lol .. that will fly..before you know it, you'll be back at work.
i took 4 weeks earlier this year, and suddenly bang... back to work ..heh heh ..
but all worth it. . and all good.
bobes, pls let me know if u got connected with phone line....

i haven't got connection yet
pac-manny

PM..

Did you get the same info as me from Telstra?? That the cables have not been put in yet???????

Edited quote
yep...no cables yet
Fingers crossed it come's through otherwise waste of time if you both had fails ..... doesnt look promising
hi all
your posts have been very useful. Im hoping... and i use that term loosely lol... hoping to settle our title in the croft release by end of jan im so excited but terrified after hearing the horror stories of building!!

just out of curiosity how were your lots in terms of rock removal. is it work getting the insurance??

i get so excited hearing everyone's moving in and settling down. hopefully this year goes quick!!
beck88
hi all
your posts have been very useful. Im hoping... and i use that term loosely lol... hoping to settle our title in the croft release by end of jan im so excited but terrified after hearing the horror stories of building!!

just out of curiosity how were your lots in terms of rock removal. is it work getting the insurance??

i get so excited hearing everyone's moving in and settling down. hopefully this year goes quick!!

G'day Beck , in reference to your question regarding the rock removal insurance - Im presuming that's to cover any unexpected finds whilst excavating for the slab...

With my experience, that was all covered by the builder for a fixed price in the building contract, regardless of how much rock - From my personal experience, quite a bit.
Prior to that, I did drive around to look at other sites, and there did seem to be a reasonable amt of rubble on site.

Fingers crossed with your title release - They are very exciting times ...
Don't be too worried by the whole process - embrace it ...
keep on top of it, via regular visits to your site - double / triple check everything - and it will be all good.
And remember , if you're not happy, in particular with the final payment, don't sign off on it with the builder till you're 100% happy. . . .
flagstaffIV
pac-manny

PM..

Did you get the same info as me from Telstra?? That the cables have not been put in yet???????

Edited quote

OK Telstra did come out and basically advise the same thing as there is a small section in the new release of land that is not complete yet and unable to connect anyone in the block . So is there anyone we can make a complaint to ?? Looks like the telstra guys is pointing the finger on the civil works ppl and vice versa so no ones getting no where with it seriously how long can this process take ? Very annoying .

Whats more annoying is using wireless dongle that i constantly want to flush down the toilet ! Bahhh !
bobes
Whats more annoying is using wireless dongle that i constantly want to flush down the toilet ! Bahhh !

Which company is this dongle? If it is Three/Voda then I'm not surprised - I can hardly get signal to call let alone internet.

Get one of those Telstra Next G modems, ADSL capable speeds and you won't look back for wireless options.
It's the same with Optus aswell! My SIL and work mates have come over (all with Optus) and they can barely get a signal.
We had to get a Telstra modem aswell. Get 3-4 bars generally, sometimes 2 bars but the signal strength is good unless you are using it during a peak time.

joeygbh - If you put your phone onto roaming you'll get 4 bars on average, just can't use the internet.
Any signal around here other than Telstra is non existent...

I have been surviving on a Telstra NextG which works ok most of the times unless there is weather issues.
Yea we got a virgin mobile broadband one so doesnt surprise me not much reception unless i walk around the house with the laptop trying to chase it down ... Might try a nextG telstra one , im comming from cable connection and its killing me .....
bobes
Yea we got a virgin mobile broadband one so doesnt surprise me not much reception unless i walk around the house with the laptop trying to chase it down ... Might try a nextG telstra one , im comming from cable connection and its killing me .....

Apparently the new Ultimate ones are all they are cracked up to be. Expensive, but at least you won't be trying to chuck your modem through the wall...

http://go.bigpond.com/wireless/
Hey ppl

In conlclusion to our ordeal with telephone lines not activated i contacted peet with a email and they replied with :

Telstra provided a Statement of Compliance (SOC) on stage 33 which means they signed off all assets as being correctly installed and ready for operation prior to titles. Without SOC from all authorities Peet cannot get titles, so we are unsure what Telstra is meaning when they say stage 33 cannot be activated. The project team is going to investigate the issue further. We hope to have an answer for you shortly, however the heavy rains we are experiencing and that are forecast may cause a slight delay in the engineers accessing the site to investigate.

So i/we will be awaiting any further progress ill keep all updated ...

Cheers
My experience with Telstra was almost similar:

1. Called up Telstra to apply for a new line. Got told to call their contractor get the trenching done first.
2. Called trenching company and they said yes they will send out one of their guys to do it
3. Called Telstra to talk about which plan I wanted. Got told that the "physical cables" are not in the ground yet so no can do blah blah blah
4. Called trenching company and said are you sure you can get my trenching done? They said yes and indeed got the cables connected to my home
5. Called Telstra again and after much blah I got my line and internet activated.

We are in Stage 30 and I guess you just have to keep at it. Also, if there is a Telstra pit on your footpath then surely the lines would have been laid already.
thanks for the update bobes...hopefully, things will get moving...

i have been using Virgin Mobile Pocket Broadband and the performance is so-so...just enough for surfing and reading mails only
pac-manny
thanks for the update bobes...hopefully, things will get moving...

i have been using Virgin Mobile Pocket Broadband and the performance is so-so...just enough for surfing and reading mails only
reaver
My experience with Telstra was almost similar:

1. Called up Telstra to apply for a new line. Got told to call their contractor get the trenching done first.
2. Called trenching company and they said yes they will send out one of their guys to do it
3. Called Telstra to talk about which plan I wanted. Got told that the "physical cables" are not in the ground yet so no can do blah blah blah
4. Called trenching company and said are you sure you can get my trenching done? They said yes and indeed got the cables connected to my home
5. Called Telstra again and after much blah I got my line and internet activated.

We are in Stage 30 and I guess you just have to keep at it. Also, if there is a Telstra pit on your footpath then surely the lines would have been laid already.

Hi reaver

Cheers for that but more than a dozen have applied in stage 33 and all getting the same run around and telstra are pointing the finger at civil works which is hard to believe otherwise how did land titles get signed off ?? they wouldnt have so it makes sence .

Pac -

Im trying to get things moving and hopfully telstra can communicate with oneanother peet for example and find out whats going on so fingers crossed we get some kind of explanation from someone.

Cheers guys
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum