Wallara Waters/Wallan

Page 24 of 24
I have got NBN installed today!
No extra cost from the builder.
Viking1945
I have got NBN installed today!
No extra cost from the builder.

awesome, what stage are you in?
also is WW in a bushfire zone or not? looking at Land victoria's maps it appears to be, but not everyone has screen doors at the front which I thought was a requirement in a bushfire zone, so I'm confused as to what the requirements are/will be. Our builder said they will find out for us, we are getting a quote from them at the moment, but I'd like to hear what extra anyone else had to do, if anything.

also btw, I submitted updates to google maps last week and they have all gone live so all the completed streets in Wallara Waters now showup in google maps if you need someone to get directions to your house
Stage 7.
How do you get access to the updated google maps?
Viking1945
Stage 7.
How do you get access to the updated google maps?

I noticed google maps on my iPhone had cached the old map of the estate and only showed the update once I reinstalled the app. However it probably would have updated its cache eventually. If you mean how did I submit a change it is on google.com/mapmaker
Saw the new price for land starts at 113,000.00 on : http://residential.australand.com.au/la ... ers/#about
Viking1945
Saw the new price for land starts at 113,000.00 on : http://residential.australand.com.au/la ... ers/#about

I know, we are awaiting a valuation on our block of land from the bank right now and are sweating.

Luckily they are prepared to value it now even though it hasn't titled yet so we may have a month to sort out what to do if they value it significantly lower than when we signed the contract (MAY 2012).

Luckily ours is also one of the biggest blocks so that might help keep the value a bit higher, but we really are expecting it to come in low. We already expect it to be low, and saved extra to cover it, and if it's only a couple of thousand lower than our extra funds that is ok, we can make up the diference before it titles. But if it's another $10k+ lower again we may have to buy the land, pay the difference between what the bank values it for and what the contract price is and delay building for several months whilst we furiously save some more.

it really is quite stressful, I wish they would call today, but if not by 5pm I guess I'll be waiting till at least Tuesday!
The land valuation ended up $11k less than we'd hoped, but thankfully we were able to cover the difference, so all good.
Now we have signed a building contract and they have just valued the land and build together.
The land valuation won't have changed as it was only a month or so ago we got the valuation, and the bank's valuers said the price of the building contract was fair and a reasonable market price, however they have decided the resale value of the completed house will be $45k less than it will cost us to build!
ARGH! This is so frustrating. I know the bank is only protecting their interests, but we have no desire to ever sell the house, we want to live in it the rest of our lives. The mortgage broker is trying another bank for us, but I am not holding out much hope of a much higher valuation if all they do is base the valuations on similar properties sold in the area. We have one of the larger blocks in the estate and as far as I can see online none of the same size has sold with a house on it in the last year, though a few vacant blocks have sold. So it's all smoke and mirrors. They are valuing our build based on the price smaller blocks with smaller houses, quite probably with much less upgrades than we have ordered, have sold for.

Wallan apparently has 83% owner occupier rate, so basically people are buing land, building houses and NOT selling them, at least not for the medium term. So how can they ever get a true representation of market value?

Did anyone else have the same problem and what ended up being the solution?
Our build is almost finished in stage 9, I wonder if anyone else in stage 9 is on here?
Hi Guys

we are going to build in springeridge soon, we are thinking to sign up with Metricon, Any Ideas how long metricon takes to commence construction from the initial deposit date ?
Wild
Hi Guys

we are going to build in springeridge soon, we are thinking to sign up with Metricon, Any Ideas how long metricon takes to commence construction from the initial deposit date ?

Has your land titled yet? I would ask the Metricon sales person as it would probably depend on how many they have going on the area and how many builders they have. Though they are most likely to be pretty keen to start as soon as possible.
Land is titled, Spoke to dennis family and they said It would take around 6 months for them to start the construction which is normal with them, seems a lot of time to me, I heard Metricon starts within 4 months post initial deposit submission.
Hi All,

Great forum and great thread. Anyone from Stage 13?

Nice to see new people here, we were on stage 7 Richmond Street.
theViking
Nice to see new people here, we were on stage 7 Richmond Street.
That's pretty cool, hoping to get more updates from WW and move forward with the build.

Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum