Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Mega Homes Disappeared

Page 3 of 3
I understand your point. But if it was all legit and above board it wouldn't be getting investigated by asic, vba, ato.
Mr g
I understand your point. But if it was all legit and above board it wouldn't be getting investigated by asic, vba, ato.

As I said we had the right to cancel the contract, nothing to do with any of those offices.
So I don't see any issues for us.
I am a little surprised that this hasn't made the news. There are still Watersun contracts to be completed, imagine being one of those clients........
You might be surprised at how many builders go into liquidation every year. One of Bill Shorten's election promises is to stop phoenixing.
lovelyoldsole
I am a little surprised that this hasn't made the news. There are still Watersun contracts to be completed, imagine being one of those clients........

We are!
Yes mega homes is now in liquidation. Mega homes was sold to a Chinese buyer a few years ago. The director of mega homes is currently Jonathan Wang.

Mega homes started facing trouble when some of the banks refused to lend money to customers who were building with mega homes due to dodjy things they did. Since then it went downhill for them and they crashed.

The previous owner of mega homes is vlado mega and I believe he is assisting with completing the build for selected unfinished mega homes customers under his company VM Homes.
jason33
Yes mega homes is now in liquidation. Mega homes was sold to a Chinese buyer a few years ago. The director of mega homes is currently Jonathan Wang.

Mega homes started facing trouble when some of the banks refused to lend money to customers who were building with mega homes due to dodjy things they did. Since then it went downhill for them and they crashed.

The previous owner of mega homes is vlado mega and I believe he is assisting with completing the build for selected unfinished mega homes customers under his company VM Homes.

Mega homes was sold to Vlado's son in law and Jonathan Wang, Jonathan Wang apparently pilfered around $6 million from the company,that is where the problem started.

Yes Vlado has taken on the task of completing the homes for those who opted to sign the novation to go with him.
Hi i needed to get in contact with mega in regards to plumbing issues that were noted and not corrected properly at time of build. After not being able to contact them i came across all these posts. Where do i go from here with structal build issues and such in the future? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks?
Melzza
Hi i needed to get in contact with mega in regards to plumbing issues that were noted and not corrected properly at time of build. After not being able to contact them i came across all these posts. Where do i go from here with structal build issues and such in the future? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks?

Check your insurance policy provided by Mega homes and contact insurance Company. (VMIA)
Hi everyone, I did construction with Mega homes, it was In lockup stage when Mega went bankrupt. I found a new builder, but he can’t get contract work insurance anywhere. Do you have any idea? I really need some generous suggestions. We are unlucky already, and we can’t let the project die. Please let me know if anyone has any idea. Thanks.
Maidstone
Hi everyone, I did construction with Mega homes, it was In lockup stage when Mega went bankrupt. I found a new builder, but he can’t get contract work insurance anywhere. Do you have any idea? I really need some generous suggestions. We are unlucky already, and we can’t let the project die. Please let me know if anyone has any idea. Thanks.

Try different brokers (try local too). I read somewhere that MBA insurance brokers are really good in this type of situation.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum