Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Wallara Waters/Wallan

Page 15 of 24
shellbelle
update time for all stage 7 peoples

the road has now been layed, its all moving along nicely

Any pictures?
i have no net access at home at the moment and very limited download on phone sorry
i will see what i can do... also yesterday they are marking out driveways and getting the footpath ready to be layed on your side of the street
shellbelle
i have no net access at home at the moment and very limited download on phone sorry
i will see what i can do... also yesterday they are marking out driveways and getting the footpath ready to be layed on your side of the street

I think I will take a trip up there tomorrow
Used the footpath up to our lot today, we have even got a driveway
Oh wow that's coming along very nicely
When do you thing the titles will be ready to go? Have they given you a date?

Sent from my mobile device so Please excuse my spelling mist cakes
I was up at the land sales office yesterday and she said she has not been given any updated info in regards to title dates so going by the letter we received a couple of months ago
we are still looking at end of Feb.

the kids yesterday were riding there scooters along the footpath and down Richmond st
they were excited as they are the first kids to do so
Hey Guys,

This is such an informative page. Thanks to whom ever started it

We are new into this searching for land etc thing, we are securing a block in stage 9 of Wallara Waters *fingers crossed*

We are a little confused with the process of putting a deposit on land with a condition to finance. then applying at the bank to see how we go.

What i am confused about is how finance works, the land doesn't title to december, but the condition to finance only lasts 4 weeks. If we *do* get finance for the block do we start paying it back right away?

Thanks in advance

Nicole & Steve
Hi Grauci
and Welcome to WW

it may be different for different people and circumstances
but this is what we did
we paid our 5% deposit on land, we had this saved anyway so no biggie
we then went and got pre approval from the bank for the land (we used a broker)
and they are aware of the fact that land is not titled.
once titled and then land settlement happens i think we have 14 days to pay for land, which is then where the bank comes in and then our land repayments will start (we have not drawn on the land loan as yet and we still have a couple of months valid on the bank offer/approval then its off to the bank to sort out the build
i do strongly recommend talking to as many people as possible like friends or family who may of built in recent times and to talk to a professional just to help get a clear understanding
as hubby knows more about this than me i get easily confused... which is why he knows whats what with the finance and he has left house design and colours to me

and yes this a great topic page, we lived about 100kms from wallan until recently and this was such a god send in helping us
Thanks Shellebelle.

I've been asking around, i'm hoping approval lasts til after december as that is when stage 9 is meant to title. We drove down there today and it's coming along so nicely

We feel so special that you have to cross a moat and drive down a long street to even get to the first house.. (i'm assuming that will change though).

did you guys get a soil test before applying for a loan? there aren't many complaints here except for stage 6, have you heard a lot of horror stories?

thanks
Hi, we are new to this forum. We are buying on stage 7, can't wait for the land to title and settle. We are building with Carlisle Homes and are all set up waiting to go. Will be nice to talk to some future neighbours!
Barthez
Hi, we are new to this forum. We are buying on stage 7, can't wait for the land to title and settle. We are building with Carlisle Homes and are all set up waiting to go. Will be nice to talk to some future neighbours!

Hi,
Welcome, we are building with Carlisle homes to on Lot 711, which one are you building on?
We are building on lot 725.
hey Barthez & Viking,

awesome, we won't quite be neighbours, but we will be fellow estate ppl
Hi Barthez
Welcome fellow stage 7 people

there is now a few of us almost neighbours, i am 750 on the cnr
hopefully not long now. i was at the block last night and they are still pushing dirt around
but they are also smoothing it out.

mmmm carlisle homes have nice designs are you guys able to post floor plans pics??
sorry i know i am being a bit nosey lol
oh and btw all crossovers and footpaths have been completed
Hi Shellbelle

We are building the Riverton. Don't have any floorplans online yet, although looking to start up a blog for friends/family to see. I had a nosey at yours, looks very good.

We went up last weekend to see the progress and saw that most of the paths/driveways were in and they had marked out where ours were to be. Will probably go up again in a couple of weeks to see how far on they are and if it is still on track to title in February.
We are buliding one of the small houses frm Carlisle Homes:
http://www.carlislehomes.com.au/find-a- ... lansmodal/

It is almost our floorplan.
http://www.carlislehomes.com.au/find-a-home/riverton-1/photo-gallery/search

The floorplan is almost the same as what we are having, we have just moved the alfresco door to the meals area and added some more internal doors. We are also having the Manuka facade.
thanks for sharing

i like your kitchen viking how it faces out to the Alfresco, and if it is just the 2 of you the house is still plenty big enough for 2

and Barthez are you getting the fireplace??

we changed ours a little, he are adding in bifold doors to Alfresco and we have changed the other window in the dinning area to also open up and have bifold doors, and then when we get a bit more cash money we are going to do a huge decking that will go around from one alfresco door to the other.... a bit like an L shape
Hi Shellbelle

We decided not to have the fireplace. We don't think we would get the use out of it and it restricts the flexibility of the floorplan.
Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum