Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

confidentiailty of builder agreement with a project builder

Page 2 of 2
SaveH2O
Agree.

This thread's topic highlight's a serious issue and there should be a sticky on the thread as unfair contract clauses are indeed becoming common. New home buyers need to be aware of their legal rights and not subjected to bullying with baseless legal threats.

I too am in full agreement with you all here.
How does one go about getting a sticky on the thread and also making sure anyone who is building a new house is aware?
I'll notify Homeone.

Unfair contract clauses involves a lot more than confidentiality clauses and those wider issues should concern everyone.
Save H20,

Would it be useful if there was a new linked thread on unfair contractual clauses that posters can list a variety of clauses that they have had imposed on them by builders or builders attempted to have imposed on them?
Most probably.

The current thread details action by the ACCC but the referenced documentation could also appear in another thread as the kick starter.

The current thread also needs to be retitled, a prereqiisite if it was to morph into a more encompassing discussion but that would be up to the OP.

I hope that others also express their views on your suggestion.

I recently came across a post where the member has had major time delays but the builder is in no hurry because the penalty is only $10 per day. Does this also constitute an unfair clause? I would like answers to matters such as this as well.
SaveH2O
I recently came across a post where the member has had major time delays but the builder is in no hurry because the penalty is only $10 per day. Does this also constitute an unfair clause? I would like answers to matters such as this as well.

You can find my Home Building Agreement with personal information deleted here:

https://jayasooriah.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/2015-0224-contract-public4.pdf

Item 13 in Schedule 1 on the tenth page states:

"$15.00 per working day calculated on a daily basis".

That works out to be $75 per week rent!
OMG, you also! $15 per working day is right down there.

Do we have $5 anyone?

Going once. Going twice.....
Related
14/09/2023
cancel prelim builder agreement

Building A New House

Hi All, We signed a prelim agreement last year (May 2022) and paid deposit to a builder. However, we didn't go ahead with them and never signed a contract. We ended going…

22/03/2024
Agreement violation

General Discussion

You need to respond to the Builder within 10 business day advising of your rejection of claim as per SoPA on a payment Schedule, Do not miss this deadline.

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum