Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Neighbors retaining wall

Page 2 of 2
qebtel
welby
The only bad news is i'm likely to never see a fence in the near future as the guy dosn't have a time frame in which a wall must be built.
I gave you a link to the fencing legislation, had you researched it as I suggested you'd see you have a right to demand a fence. As far as a court is concerned, a fence is an urgent item , and a party cannot defer its construction for any other reason than bona fide financial hardship, in which case the court will insist on a time frame. If its such a big issue, stop p_ussy footing around and get into Civil court. The application will cost $100 or so (in Qld anyway) and you can ask to have the application cost awarded against your neighbour. You can appear on your own behalf, but will need to take the day off.

I'm aware of the fencing laws but was hoping for the fence to be mounted up the top so we had alot of privacy which meant the fence was on his land but i've decided to stop being nice and apply for a fencing order and just put it on the boundary with some clumping bamboo. The wall is on his property not the boundary, sorry if that wasn't clear in my original post

MrBee
I know you don't want to but could you offer to buy the blocks he can't afford to finish it, short term loss for long term gain?

Have thought of that but why should i have to, the guys crying poor but has bought a new harley and car since he's moved in.

wobbly1
1. Don't let ya kids play there at all.
2. request a curb / barrier be added to the slab approx 250mm higher than slab , to resist a vehicle spearing into your backyard.
3. plant bambo boo along back fence as a sight barrier so ya don,t look at the hillbillies ever again

Apparently there's no requirement according to the private certifier.
Related
7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum