Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

What part of your house do you obsess over the most??

Page 2 of 2
For me it's definitely what's going IN the house - light fittings, furniture & carpet. They are my big 3. We have finally got the lights sorted and are still working on furniture & carpet.

DH on the other hand for him it's the landscaping. I think he spends hours upon hours ever day in photoshop just staring at the plan!!
I Am a tools person so anything I can get my hands on to work with is fine so to choose from above I'd say all of the above will do me just fine
At first it was the floor plan but now we've got that to the stage where we are happy. Now I'm obsessing over the colours for the exterior; whenever I'm out and about I'm always looking at other people's houses to see what works.
I voted other.. we're obsessing over getting our balcony right... you know balustrades, pillar columns, arches, height shape etc.
I agonised for ages over the external colours, had them all sorted out, then was out doing a driveby one day and found a house with totally different brick & roof colours that looked fab, so I changed my mind!
I also couldn't choose which colour to have for the internal doors and framing and ended up buying 4 different test pot colours from the solver paint shop down the road. I'm still not sure I've got the right one, but it's too late now cos we've done prestart...
I have just had great laugh having found this topic.

I was just told 10 minutes ago that I am utterly obsessed with the house we are about to build... its true I obsess over everything, convinced that any decision I make will be the wrong one! Alas, I can barely make any decisions at all!!!!

I wish I had spent a little more time "obsessing" about the facade because I spent so much time on getting the interior space right (especially kitchen and alfresco) I barely gave a thought to how the outside of the house will look. Not sure if I will like the gables/roofline but only time will tell I guess...plans just gone to council so will have to wait and see the finished product.

Obsessed with kitchen colours and flooring at present! Polished porcelain vs ceramic tiles, gloss vs sheen or matt cabinets, benchtop colours....arghhh!!!

I wonder if being a pregnant Gemini has anything to do with my obsession and indecision????
For me definitely exterior and interior colours but mainly the exterior. The bricks! The kitchen was easy as I saw the splashback I wanted and based the rest of the kitchen around that. Carpets were stressful. We went to the carpet place 3 times not including the other couple of times I went there just to confirm we had made the right choice. It'll be interesting how I find the rest of the building process as I have been on holidays so can't imagine how building and FT work are going to go together.
First it was the kitchen but as that is now under control, it is now the lighting!
Everything has a place for me to obsess over, but it's the kitchen that I obsess over the most!
Renovating mine and haven't seen it yet, just picturing it in my head and hope it turns out ok!!!
Related
27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

24/09/2023
Most affordable paint brand

General Discussion

Thank you. That is really helpful. Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum