Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Blakes Crossing - South Australia

Page 2 of 5
Yeah, we were one of the lucky ones here in Mawson Lakes and had cable being the 4th house built here so its been good for us.
house settled yesterday now we are renting back (great scenario)
Might have to talk to you about all our home theatre and data needs when its time Kodiak.
Our land settlement has been pushed back till about first week of June now.
Burnlea is slowly coming along
oh well we are rich for a little while.
Pugs
aza0
Blakes crossing get fibre straight into the home. They learnt there lesson from Mawson Lakes.

Mawson lakes suffered form developers issues like not ordering enough telecommunications Infrastructure from Telstra. and seeing how they are using Opticomm and actually Lghtview was the first FTTH estate... Blakes crossing is the second (in SA)

You forgot Lochiel park, they have fibre as well
Another fellow Blakes resident here! My partner and I had been tossing up for ages what do to and where to build. We looked at several blocks in Woodhaven but ended up deciding to go for a block in Hayfield. Slightly less in price and feel like its a slightly better location. The block we were looking at in Woodhaven was only 2 lots away from Bentley road and we felt like we would have been on the outskirts of the Delfin development. We have chosen a block on "The Avenue" just after Lowther street.

Have paid the deposit on one of the house and land packages that Henley are offering. We are building the Elliston.
This is just a quick introductory post but I am sure I will be around the forums more and more as we get closer and closer to things happening. Our build is scheduled to begin around June.

Does anyone have experience with the Henley packages? I have noticed that there are so many popping up, I can see 5 of the same house within a few hundred meters of our block.
Yay people finally starting to pop up!! That's awesome. Welcome to Blakes Crossing and the thread. We moved into Hayfield oh about 3 weeks ago. Finally settling in. We aren't to far from hayfield park. We are enjoying it but wish there were more people around as its so quiet. Tell us more about yourselves
and of course your build. I live with my husband and early 30s. No kids -- unless you count our fur children lol.
aza0
Pugs
aza0
Blakes crossing get fibre straight into the home. They learnt there lesson from Mawson Lakes.

Mawson lakes suffered form developers issues like not ordering enough telecommunications Infrastructure from Telstra. and seeing how they are using Opticomm and actually Lghtview was the first FTTH estate... Blakes crossing is the second (in SA)

You forgot Lochiel park, they have fibre as well

(in his Best Dr evil voice) Coool...
Its all a bit quiet on the Blakes Crossing Front?

Our land now settlement in July.
how is every one else doing?
Town centre eta Sept i heard
Hi

No newcomers yet it looks like burnlea... We're all settled in now. Our front landscaping got done yesterday so yeh that is it now I think - all done and dusted. We love walking around the estate and seeing what new things pop up.

They initially said Woolies etc would open mid year - guess there has been a slight delay now. It looks like it progressing nicely. I can see where Fasta Pasta is going to be and where Woolworths and all the speciality shops are going to be. It is really coming along. I wonder what other wonderful shops we can get??

I did hear that (and I think it has been reported in a paper so not revealing anything I shouldn't) that Craigmore Christian School is the school that is going to open up in the estate from R - 12. They currently have a school on Yorktown Road opposite the Craigmore Shopping Centre.

I asked Blakes about the postal service recently too as we still dont have mail delivery - they still do not seem to have any idea when it will happen... I want my mail!!

Have you heard whether they won the other land that went up for tender? Would be interesting to hear. I'm hoping that they do get it so our estate can get bigger and better!!

Any other goss?
No goss here!
I haven't been active here for a while, just waiting for things to start up.
Our build is supposed to start at some stage this month. I have been checking every few days but nothing so far

Its sad because around us there are so so many Henley homes popping up. I swear ours is going to be the last to start in the final part of Hayfield.
Get down there with a hammer and get started!
Went to an update session last night at ol blakes. Was interesting to hear the updates. Woolworths is now open, along with a cafe. The butcher, chemist and newsagency shouldn't be too far away. Fasta Pasta should open next week and they've signed a contract with a childcare centre to be operating in 2013 (I think! could be 2014). Woolworths looks amazing. It is a massive store and is nice and modern! I think now it is open it will entice more people into the suburb.
Oh and Metricon display village open this weekend too I believe!
I went to the Woolworths store last night and had a look around. The whole place looks great. Fasta Pasta should be open next Thursday. I know lots of the people involved with the store and its going to be a cracker!

Whole area is really taking off and looking much different now than what it did 3-4 months ago!

Update on my block. We have a slab and a porta loo! Had the family over on Sunday afternoon for some bakery goods in deck chairs on the slab. Now its just waiting time to see some more progress. Wish the weather would go away and allow the tradies to come in and do their magic. Still hopeful to be in by xmas time.
Got wood yet Va1ar?
Naughty Naughty....

A/S/L?
Burnlea hopefully settled by August ,put back 3 times from March.
any progress on the main road through to Bentley Rd yet Tashmarch?
we have had selections now so want to build now please Mister Delfin.
looks like that main road from Bentley is about complete.
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.682655,1 ... d=20110424
That map is from 24th April. Looking down from Craigmore road its hard to tell how much more has actually been done.
Id say things will start moving soon. Nearmaps is due for a new picture of the area soon so keep checking out the site for an updated aerial pic.
va1ar
looks like that main road from Bentley is about complete.
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.682655,1 ... d=20110424
That map is from 24th April. Looking down from Craigmore road its hard to tell how much more has actually been done.
Id say things will start moving soon. Nearmaps is due for a new picture of the area soon so keep checking out the site for an updated aerial pic.

Thanks will check that out .
hopefully the tar goes down soon.
Delfin have approved plans so thats good .
just a question has anyone had to get external shading for the encumberances and if so what cost and where?
Only 3 more sleeps and i get the keys to my new home,very excited.but so much to do and organise.Could someone please explain how the optic fibre thing works and what i need to do to arrange connection phone,tv,internet etc
Thankyou
Michelle, dont even ask about the fibre optics!! absolute nightmare!

We didn't have TV for the first week because someone did not connect the cords properly, then we found out conduit had been placed in the wrong spot. We went through iprimus, not quite sure what choice you have with connection.

Call Opticom to get the box put in etc and then you call an internet provider to organise connection. The blakes crossing sales office do not know much about it!!
Hi! We are currently building in Blakescrossing, land settled in July....but we actually live interstate.......So we have HEAPS of questions about some of the Blakescrossing requirements..... We have just finished out colour selections with our biulder and are now waiting on the 'ok to start' date. We have a few question for those other's that have built in Blakescrossing, would love to hear your experiances.........some of the never ending questions are.......needing to find a contractor for the crossover exposed concrete finish, when do we get the optic fibre people in to install??? Fencing, what companies have people going with? etc.............etc...etc....
Pascual
Hi! We are currently building in Blakescrossing, land settled in July....but we actually live interstate.......So we have HEAPS of questions about some of the Blakescrossing requirements..... We have just finished out colour selections with our biulder and are now waiting on the 'ok to start' date. We have a few question for those other's that have built in Blakescrossing, would love to hear your experiances.........some of the never ending questions are.......needing to find a contractor for the crossover exposed concrete finish, when do we get the optic fibre people in to install??? Fencing, what companies have people going with? etc.............etc...etc....

Welcome. will be a nice place to live. when we finally get to build!
we look like staring end of sept now we hope.
tasmarch has been there a little while so may answer all your questions.

good luck
Related
15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum