Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Suggestions Welcome - Renovation Proposal (Plans Included)

Page 2 of 2
i like the first one much better
Number 1 for sure. The odd lone couch facing the bottom of the courtyard is a bit strange though. That's not a room - it's a corridor.

In all these plans it seems to me you're trying way too hard to eliminate any "wasted" space on corridors. But eliminating corridors by simply making them into part of a room is not a solution. In the end you just have a very compromised room, even more wasted space and an awkward flow in the house.

Plan 1 is a good design but the traffic flows still feel a bit off. I suggest printing off a copy and drawing in thick red lines along the major traffic lanes. It'll give an idea of the flow and "grace" of the layout.
Thanks again everyone!

I think we may start to do some serious investigation work on Plan 1. It's by no means perfect, however it does tick quite a few boxes.

Thanks for the tip regarding the 'traffic lines' cabinfever. Not a bad idea! In terms of the flow of the house, I think it could appear a little 'constricted' by my floorplan. The formal lounge (bottom left) shows sliding doors. If the arrows werent in the floorplan it may appear more open. In reality, this does provide a second option from the front of the house.

In reference to the 'lone couch', believe it or not, I was really only trying to find a place for an item of furniture that we already have. There is no reason why the couch couldnt be a side entry table, kids play table, toy chest, or even a wall of cupboards. An other idea that came to mind was to keep this area clear and adding a breakfast bar under some bi-fold windows? In place of the door opening suggested in the floorplan.
Related
15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

8/11/2023
Kitchen Quote - What should be included?

Kitchen Corner

hey there! ๐Ÿ˜Š so, itโ€™s kinda common for standard drawer depths to be around 500mm since most cabinets use this size to fit the usual runners…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum