Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Hebel wall hairline cracks on new house built 2020..why?

Page 2 of 2
groundzero
Your articulation joints have been rendered over so they will not work.
Any movement will not be absorbed by your articulation joints and will be reflected in your brickwork.

Hi so you are saying its the joint issue not ground slab issue?
Thank you guys. I had the builder here last week and he had a look said its not slab issue. only the hebel issue and my cctv cam has recorded what he said...so if later bad happens I have evidence???
Ethan in Adelaide
Thank you guys. I had the builder here last week and he had a look said its not slab issue. only the hebel issue and my cctv cam has recorded what he said...so if later bad happens I have evidence???

You asked the fishmonger if his fish was fresh.....you never ask the fishmonger if their fish is fresh.
Ethan in Adelaide
groundzero
Your articulation joints have been rendered over so they will not work.
Any movement will not be absorbed by your articulation joints and will be reflected in your brickwork.

Hi so you are saying its the joint issue not ground slab issue?

Have you had floor levels done ? that would be a good starting point
Buy yourself a laser level and start logging the slab movements
your egineer should be able to match the calcs/simulations with movements and cracks
Checking room Dimensions (XYZ Co ordinates with Bosch lasers
I'm sure this hairline crack along the joints will still be there in 20 years time whatever u do and also in 20 years time your house will be be standing.

It's cosmetic really.

Your house is supported by the frame not the Hebel.
Related
2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

18/01/2024
Brick wall small step cracks

General Discussion

Do I need to concern about this pattern of crack? Is this crack showing some signs of bigger problems? Thanks for any suggestions!

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum