Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

HGWA Lakelands

Page 2 of 2
Had a pretty good run with the house considering the poor weather, hopefully at lockup next week ๐Ÿ‘

Hi guys

This question may been asked already we are starting our build process haven't been to pre start yet does anyone have a cost on their skirting boards?
Teejay960
Hi guys

This question may been asked already we are starting our build process haven't been to pre start yet does anyone have a cost on their skirting boards?

Hey mate,

I can remember the exact figure but we were quoted by the builder over $3000 for skirting boards and decided to do after handover (same with painting which we were quoted $7000).
Kellra
Teejay960
Hi guys

Hey mate,

I can remember the exact figure but we were quoted by the builder over $3000 for skirting boards and decided to do after handover (same with painting which we were quoted $7000).

Legend mate!!!! Very Helpful, i am defiantly painting after hand over thats for sure!
Forum is very handy on information with the do's and donts' + $$$$ of things thanks legends
Teejay960
Kellra
Teejay960
Hi guys

Hey mate,

Legend mate!!!! Very Helpful, i am defiantly painting after hand over thats for sure!
Forum is very handy on information with the do's and donts' + $$$$ of things thanks legends

Anytime mate, we are accepted a quote full house skirting boards for $2200 and painting whole house 3 coats was $4500, so quite a bit cheaper than the builder. What i will say is that the house includes ceiling and cornice painting and we actually had the painter for HG give as a quote directly via SMS which was very reasonable, unfortunately we had already accepted a quote and couldnโ€™t back out. It may pay to wait until your painting is being done, you may get a quote from them ๐Ÿ‘
Kellra
Hi All,

I've been following the other builds closely and this site has been a great help. We purchased land off plan back in April just before the building bonus and it's taken the better part of 9 months to get titles on our block ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

We are building on a 492 m2 block and went with the Munich Luxury with HomeGroup WA.

We made a few changes from the original Munich Luxury plans;

• Extended Garage out to fence line and added roller door to backyard
  • Opened up ensuite removing middle wall and extending shower.
  • Added open window into activity room from kitchen.
  • Move theatre room wall to align with main bedroom.
  • Flipped plan so living areas are north facing.

We have prestart this week and hoping everything goes smoothly. I'll post updates when I can ๐Ÿ˜Š

Original Plan

Latest Version

Prestart 14/01/2021

Front Elevation Style - Contemporary
Front Elevation Colours

• Roof Cover - Dune
  • Gutters / Fascia - Dune
  • Main Render - Champignon
  • Contrast Render - Feather Soft
  • Window Frames - White
  • Front Entry Door - Cabbots Stain - Rich Walnut
  • Downpipes - Surfmist
  • Paving - Geo Collection Gem
  • Facebrick - 2c Esperence
  • Garage Door - Settler
  • Wet Area Glazing - Satinlite

Electrical Upgrades - $4226
Upgraded Carpet Underlay - $200
Changed carpet to tiles for (hallway, activity room) - $864
Upgraded Laundry, bathroom, ensuite and WC's to 450x450 tiles - $402
Cold water tap to fridge recess - $284
Lockable meter box with view panels - $229
Upgraded longer bath - $16
Swivel spout to bath - $30
Upgraded ensuite to dual shower combo $410
Upgraded bathroom and ensuite 600mm towel rail to 900mm - $140
Changed soap holder to glass shelf in bathroom and ensuite - $65 (after $30 credit removing soap holder)
Upgraded bathroom shower to semi frameless - $284
Bathroom hobless shower - $79
Double rebated front door upgrade $60
Upgraded front door handle to Omni Pull Handle with Allure Trilock - $350
Add lock to theatre room door $10
Translucent glass to front door - $97
Mirror Glass splashback to kitchen - $1386
Changed to 1200mm stain grade timber front door XS26 and add rich walnut stain - $700
Upgraded roller door to timber lookalike colour Caoba - $590

Can I please see photos of the exterior of your house as Iโ€™m building a house this year using dune roof and gutters also but worried our bricks wonโ€™t match!
Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum