Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Bellflower Estate - Sippy Downs

Page 7 of 7
but carpets are in now... it's slow going now... the neighbours across the road are moving in this week and they started building after me...

been organising a lot of side stuff now... gas, pest control, moving truck... will be glad once i'm in... and relaxing...
updates anyone??
serge44
updates anyone??

Hey its been awhile so plenty happening at ours. We hit lock up last week visited site today and the kitchen is being installed today, The tiler and painter were there also. Tiler rekons he'll be done by Wed Painter says he will be finished tomorrow at the latest. Plantation have given us back the site next week to do our Rendering, Then its just the fiddly stuff like electrical fit off and appliances. Seems Plantation is bucking the trend by having multiple trades working at once!
our original Date of completion was supposed to be mid to the end of Nov but SS rekons we could be in by mid Oct
Oh yeah and just found out the Plumber left one of our external taps out so he has to come back to fix that

Where is your palace at Serge???
HAHAHA I forgot.... They put a sign up last week at ours too finally. Kinda Ironic considering its near complete...
Anyone in here building with PJ Burns ? Im surprised not to see their name mentioned more often.. drive through the Woodgrove Estate in Beerwah and they are building nearly every second house
sataymas
Where is your palace at Serge???

locked out and some of the tiling done. bench tops done. also estimate mid-Oct for handover.
[JADED]
Anyone in here building with PJ Burns ? Im surprised not to see their name mentioned more often.. drive through the Woodgrove Estate in Beerwah and they are building nearly every second house

there are a few in Bellflower stage 3 and 4. can remember 1 in my street and maybe one or two others but nowhere near as many as that.
serge44
[JADED]

there are a few in Bellflower stage 3 and 4. can remember 1 in my street and maybe one or two others but nowhere near as many as that.

Everyone must not be first home buyers.. or must have bigger budgets then us then I guess haha We did our research and 'bang for buck' (with only a few bucks lol) they came out on top.

One day I shall have my dream house with all my luxury inclusions !
I'd guess most in stage 3 & 4 are first home owners, judging by the friendly conversations.

me? been a capitalist a while and couldn't pass up a block under $200k 10 mins to mooloolaba and 12 mins to work.
[JADED]

We considered PJ, but found it really hard to pass up the birthday sale inclusions that Plantation had. granite benches ect..
We wanted to build with PJ as I have a close freind who works in thier management. We also looked at Woodgrove, they had some good size blocks for a great price but like Serge found that Bellflower was in a great spot for us. There is not many PJ houses in the current stages of Bellflower maybe 4 or 5. builders tend to favour an area as it cuts down on their delivery costs and travel costs for thier trades if they focus on certain estates, or at least thats what the rep from PJ told us. What stage are you at with your place?
serge44
updates anyone??

Awaiting blinds and that bit is done, Still got a dirt farm around the back but it's keeping the mowing at bay

Busy with adding shelves to the "Standard" cupboards all over the house. Busy times!!
sataymas
We considered PJ, but found it really hard to pass up the birthday sale inclusions that Plantation had. granite benches ect..
We wanted to build with PJ as I have a close freind who works in thier management. We also looked at Woodgrove, they had some good size blocks for a great price but like Serge found that Bellflower was in a great spot for us. There is not many PJ houses in the current stages of Bellflower maybe 4 or 5. builders tend to favour an area as it cuts down on their delivery costs and travel costs for thier trades if they focus on certain estates, or at least thats what the rep from PJ told us. What stage are you at with your place?

Makes sense.. someone did mention something similar to us.. the tradies can just move between the different sites as they need to. I would have loved the cesarstone benches etc.. but by the time we factored in the plantation prices for fitting in with our covenant (render, flat profile roof tiles or colourbond etc) it just came out too expensive for our budget.

Woodgrove suited us better as its on the trainline.. and walking distance from the other halfs business. Me ? Well Im stuffed either way.. gotta drive an hour to Noosa to get to work haha FAIL! Ill be interested to see the block prices for the next few releases for Woodgrove. We were told that developers are being pushed to make the blocks all smaller so they can get more in rates etc (bastards!) .. but the prices dont seem to drop when they do that. We got 700m2 for 185k so we thought we did pretty well.

19 days in and we have frame up, roof on, windows/doors in, plumbing, gas done, sparky in tomorrow. So its coming along nicely. Plasterers start doing their thing next week.

Our entire street looks like a construction zone lol Must be 10 houses all being built... I rekon most will finish before xmas... so it will be nice to move in and have some neighbours
Quote:
I would have loved the cesarstone benches etc.. but by the time we factored in the plantation prices for fitting in with our covenant (render, flat profile roof tiles or colourbond etc) it just came out too expensive for our budget.

Ill be interested to see the block prices for the next few releases for Woodgrove. We were told that developers are being pushed to make the blocks all smaller so they can get more in rates etc (bastards!) .. but the prices dont seem to drop when they do that. We got 700m2 for 185k so we thought we did pretty well.

19 days in and we have frame up, roof on, windows/doors in, plumbing, gas done, sparky in tomorrow. So its coming along nicely. Plasterers start doing their thing next week.

Our entire street looks like a construction zone lol Must be 10 houses all being built... I rekon most will finish before xmas... so it will be nice to move in and have some neighbours

Yeah, covenants are hard work. We have similar sort of thing Render ect.. the one that makes me laugh though is how you have to have a certain amount of trees over a certain height...stupid..
Developers seem to get the blame for the block sizes but its actually the council that determines the final sizes (I have a friend who was a developer) they like to keep the lot sizes down so they can achieve a better yield on property rates water ect.. of course thats not the given reason but its fairly obvious.
Plenty happening at yours by the sounds of it. Hopefully you will be pitching the x-mas tree in the new place, looks like its well on track.
sataymas
Yeah, covenants are hard work. We have similar sort of thing Render ect.. the one that makes me laugh though is how you have to have a certain amount of trees over a certain height...stupid..
Developers seem to get the blame for the block sizes but its actually the council that determines the final sizes (I have a friend who was a developer) they like to keep the lot sizes down so they can achieve a better yield on property rates water ect.. of course thats not the given reason but its fairly obvious. Plenty happening at yours by the sounds of it. Hopefully you will be pitching the x-mas tree in the new place, looks like its well on track.

I have to laugh at some of the covenant restrictions...they go to all this effort with ensuring its all rendered houses, flat profile roof tiles (or colorbond), must have a garden bed blah blah

And then some chick built a house right on the park in the middle of the estate - let her sister do the colour selections for her (was an investment house I believe) - she chose a lovely pink render... and brown timber venetians - looks extremely ugly - apparently Stockland were pi$$ed !!

The thing thats doing my head in is the fence restrictions. We are on a corner block.. and have some rule whereby we can only have solid fencing for 50% of the length of the block. So because we want to have the fence for 75% of the length of the block... it has to be 25% see through *tears hair out* !! And trying to get a quote for a fence is another mission altogether!
updates on Bellflower or Forest Grove estates?
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum